Broke another spring

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
In less than a year another spring has snapped on my car. That is a testimony to the state of the local roads.

The whole thing just sheered off so I'm riding an inch lower at the moment.

It's the front drivers side. I guess it's time for the nearside ones to go soon as well in the next year!

Why do these things always happen just before the MOT?

Are you on lowering springs? Seems odd for springs to just snap. The roads around where I drive are appalling but never had anything like this, touch wood

Standard S Line springs, which are stiffer and lower than the usual non s line ones. Apparently they are quite fragile and quite regularly break according to my local garage. Hopefully it was a bad batch. I suppose they have lasted 99,000 miles though - on our roads that probably quite impressive.

GAAAAHHH! Another one broke on me yesterday! The nearside rear this time. It's as if they all reached a natural expiry point.

I'll get the other front one done as well to avoid another trip to the garage!

Apparently they are quite fragile and quite regularly break according to my local garage.

You are joking off course! Sorry but a manufacturer with the stature of Audi should not be having this happen to any of their car models. I think I would be firing off a letter to Audi UK demanding an explanation.

It has done 100,000 miles and our roads down here are really really bad. I'll chalk it up to experience.