Britain to drive on the Right from 2015

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Eurocrats in Brussels have pushed through legislation to insist that all member states drive on the right side of the road.

By 2012 all UK cars sold must be left hand drive.

This is being done to reduce the high costs associated with manufacturing a right hand drive version of cars from the eurozone.

:blink: :mad: :amazed:

This is crazy and I expect we will see carnage on our roads as we switch over. Apparently there will be a national holiday no drive day just before the switchover comes into force.

Unsurpisingly people are up in arms over this crazieness http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8239048.stm !

Driving on the left is bad enough for most UK drivers.
Who knows what its going to be like trying to make everyone drive on the right.

They aren't insisting that we all change over at the same time. For the first month only vehicles weighing over 7.5tonnes have to drive on the right. The remainder change the following month.

I really doubt they will ever get something like this off the ground. The sheer amount of investment changing our infrastructure would be prohibitive. Plus the number of accidents and injuries will increase loads for at least a small period of time.

It's not as though we are alone in driving on the correct side of the road. There are over 70 other countries that do the same.

LoL forgot it was april fools. Thinking about it changing everything so we drive on the right would be very costly