Brand of fuel?

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
What brand of fuel do we all use? Do you stick to just 1 brand or will you fill up anywhere? I normally use the garages round the corner from me and they are Total And Texaco. I mostly use the Total if I'm honest. Also which do you think is the best brand of fuel?

I use diesel :D, I only stay out of the cheap texaco's and the like since im almost sure they use additives in the fuel to "water" it down.

I fill up with shell as its the cheapest by me, as regards to fuel i dont think there is much difference. I use Dynotabs when filling up the car as they seem to work well

BP Ultimate Diesel for me.

Additives don't water the stuff down at all. In fact, the opposite applies in that the top quality fuels contain a more comprehensive additive package that the cheap stuff.

I find my car quite sensitive to different fuel. Tesco diesel causes the particle filter to regenerate excessively and I find it down on torque and power compared to BP Ult.

I have yet to conduct an exhaustive and scientific test but we did find on the dyno that supermarket diesel gave 187bhp but BP Ultimate with Millers added as well gave 197!

This sort of fits with the cetane rating improvement but I'd have to repeat this several times with several batches of fuel to confirm this.

That said, it does drive differently on the posh stuff - but perception is very hard to quantify.

yea there is alot of err dummy fuels like when you do a medication test and you get a dummy pill you might still report a high lol you might think the power is up when its not i put £40 of texaco high octaine in once by accident and noticed almost nothing except it was very expensive haha

Shell, BP, Texaco in that order. I'd only use the other brands if I was really really low.

I'm getting around 1-2mpg more on BP Superunleaded at the moment.;)