brake upgrade

gixxer600k4

Tuner
Car
audi a3 2.0 fsi
i am looking at getting a brake upgrade, i have 288mm discs on at mo, im lookin to get the caliper carriers for the 3.2 v6 312mm discs, new pads n then some performance discs, i am looking at the brembo sport drilled discs but cant seem to find the in the 312 mm size, does anyone know of a place that sells them?

thanks very much

yeah brembo do them themselves, theyre also listed under golf/bora v5/6 312x25mm
does the 3.2 not use bigger brakes than that ? just the R32 uses bigger ones

yeah i thought the 3.2 used bigger than 312mm discc
ive got 312 on the bora as standard but there starting to feel a little less good so looking at upgrading the discs and pads as well

im pretty certain that the 3.2 only use 312 mm discs, i have emailed a few companies and they says its 312mm. its the s3 that are bigger!
thanks for the help

ive found the discs here but i want good ones

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...+and+running+gear/product_overview.shopscript

the new S3 has huge brakes - the old 8L shape had 312's same as TT 225bhp

i bought a set of TT 225 brakes for my old car when i bought it - first big mod. Golfturbo.com was the place but i think he trades on ebay now. The set was delivery miles only with callipers, pads, carriers and discs for about £300.

I recently bought a full set of mint condition MK5 Golf GTi brakes for £200 and fitted the front 312mm ones to the missus's A3 - the std 288's were cr@p and looked lost behind the 18inch wheels. Sold the rears on another forum so upgrade didn't cost me much in the end.

For the subtle look i painted the callipers black - red didn't do it for me and may have voided dealer warranty.

Last edited:
sprout99 - did you change to braided hoses when you did this ?
if so how much difference in response was there ?

thinking my brake fluid has run it distance and is needing changed at the service (due in arund 900 miles when i get home tomorrow morning) so was looking at changing to the braided lines at the same time

yea im just going to go for the 312mm discs. i take it they fit ok under 17's? i have painted my calipers blue, looks rather nice, not a bright n bold red, n my a3 is like silvery, blue so goes well. so when u just fitted the 312 discs did you notice a lot of difference? do you have to get a different type of brake pad?

std pads from dealer are pagid BTW - i would not scrimp on tyres or brakes - it's your life in your hands......

The brakes have more use at 312mm - not bite then run out of steam quick. It's amazing what an extra 12mm on leverage can make.

A set of carriers on their own will not be cheap. I got full callipers and carriers from low mileage car for not much extra.

you'll be fine with 17's - I had 17's on my old motor. 16's with right offset would work too.

I didn't realise that Audi were using Pagid pads.:eek: I totally agree with you on tyres and brakes and not scrimping.

i looked on vagparts.com and they had the carriers on there for just over £100 but for some reason the website is not working anymore. does anyone know where else i can get these carriers from?

thanks

VW (THESE BRAKEs are standard on the 180 turbo, 2.3 and 2.8), Audi, Skoda or seat.
they will cost around the same as vagparts. also check out ebay as there was seller selling the carriers on there own, with discs or discs pads and carriers