brake upgrade for golf gti

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
hello guys/girls

just a quick question, i cant find any mintex brake disks for my 2007 golf gti, iv found the pads on motersportworld.co.uk but they dont stock the disks and i cant find them anywere.

or if anyone has good experiance with another brand of disks/pads please let me no so i can look at them also :)

hope someone can help, as i have had it remaped to 265bhp, and the brakes really need upgrading now :)

thanks
tom

is it just a pad disc upgrade your after ? calliper upgrades are also avalible if you look for them ;)

i am currently using the nirtac discs and was using the mintex m1144 (more or less a track pad) for a while but the pads couldnt be kept warm enough in the town so would squeal. started looking towards the yellowstuff next or even back to my original idea of the ds2500

go with the ds2500, yellow stuff is really a track pad and will squeal big time when cold

as for discs you could buy some tarox or red dots? i'd go for grooved rather than drilled as well

good to hear that mate, alot say there great all the time. will need a set shortly as the OEM porsche ones are almost gone, they dont last that long

i had red stuff before and found them hard to keep warm unless i drove it hard, and they ate my disks,
i had groved disks before and they were fine for the first 3000 miles then as the groves wore down began to get alot less effective thats why i was thinking of drilled, or drilled and grooves, that was with red stuff pads,

itl just be pads and disks atm, untill i get some more money, then mabey il look for a compleat upgrade on the brakes,

also what does anyone think about braded hoses?? do they make a diffrence??

thanks all :)

tom

braided hoses are a worth while upgrade, give you more pedal feel, because the steel braiding stops the brake pipe expanding as much so you get a better feel on the pedal and you don't have to press it as hard to get your car to stop