Brake Pads

philxj6

Torque Junkie
Car
2000 Jaguar XJR
Well the time has come needs new pads.
Booked it in at the garage, ordered the pads,went back to collect it Wrong Bl!!!y pads.
Because it is Ex Police the brakes are up rated
Don't blame the garage should have thought when i ordered them
Garage has sorted it had to order them specially delivered tomorrow
:rolleyes::oops:

WOW - I didn't realise police cars were uprated I though this was one of those urban legends! What else has been upgraded? Did they leave a spike strip or tazer in the car?

The brakes and Suspension are up rated to cope with the extra weight
ie all the equipment they pile in for Motorway duties.
Some say the engine is up-rated as well
Not sure on that but it is one of the quicker T5's i have driven
It redlines easier and will go past the Redline still accelerating.
Lots of extra wiring laying about

Theres a lot to be said about the way an engine is run in. If you are too gentle with a new engine and don't do hills etc the power will be down for the rest of it's life. I know the police regularly service their cars.

yeah the police cars are uprated to cope with all the extra throwing about it suffers with the weight. engines are quite often uprated they have to be able to keep up with the faster stuff on the motorway

on another point i was told that the trafic cars (T5, BMW and merc estates) have problems on the corners. but methinks it could be to do with the weight again, its all sitting at the back

yeah the police cars are uprated to cope with all the extra throwing about it suffers with the weight. engines are quite often uprated they have to be able to keep up with the faster stuff on the motorway

on another point i was told that the trafic cars (T5, BMW and merc estates) have problems on the corners. but methinks it could be to do with the weight again, its all sitting at the back

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back