Boy Racers

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Now I know there may be one or two boy racers on this web site, witch is fine, but..... What I want to know is, why do people in small engine cars that have a nice body kit on, think they can intimidate other drivers who have much more powerful cars. When I say intimidate, what I mean is tale gate, or look as tho they are trying to overtake, even tho, anyone can see that they don't have the power to do so. I drive to work on occasion and I have had loads pull up right up the back of my car, looking for a race. There is no need, and it is pointless. I have had a 1.1 pug overtake me in a 30 zone before entering a 60 zone. What are they trying to prove????

remember that most of them are young boys that think they own the worlds most powerful and fastest car ever. it might only be a 1.1 but its got a bazzioial horsepower init !

another forum i frequent alot had someone in a 1.6 golf saying that it would do 135, gps vertified, and 0-60 was 8 seconds in the wet. mods done - huge induction kit with cold air and a back box.

6 pages of people asking him to put up videos or go along to a santa pod at gti festival (where rob bently had the 36 for a few runs). All he put up was a video of him street racing a civic vti and saying he was beating it. weaving in and out of traffic
IDIOTS the lot of them

It's quite weird actually, when you get a quick(er) car it seems to calm you down and slow you down more. Maybe it's because you know it's quick so you feel you have nothing to prove?

Funny you should bring this up tbh as I seem to be getting the opposite lately, people in supposedly quicker and more expensive cars keep trying to race me when I'm just tootling along.

Had a Cooper S up my arse a couple of weeks ago guy must've been in his 30's, so pulled over to the slow lane on the dual carraigeway private track and he pulled over behind me still up my arse. Annoyed by now. He pulled out to overtake and put his foot down. Don't need to explain what happenned next but he was one embarassed Mini driver put it that way :lol:

Also, had a little play with a V8 Supercharged Range Rover Sport today on the way back from work same private track funnily enough. Guy must've been in his 50's driving very aggresively, undertook me at the traffic lights as the left lane was closed right up to them! He had way more low down torque than me and edged it at the start of every acceleration but I managed to hang on as we went along. Gave me a smile and a nod when I went past to turn off, think we were both surprised :lol:

One of my best friends is exactly that. A boy racer on a no good car and constantly trying to get a race out of the scoobies and every powerful car on the road.

The way he drives almost got him killed last summer and well there was just one call that stopped me from getting in the car with him. I was on my way to the car when I was called and asked to pick up my sister.

Anyway, this is how the car looked after the accident

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30418885&id=1117868063

Last edited:
yeah well he got out incredibly well. But if anyone would have been sitting in the back he probably would have been a lot worse since the back seat got loose and was thrown around the car. Also the passenger airbag didn't deploy so I would have been in a bad situation

A bit of a friendly at the lights on a de-restricted dual carriageway is one thing. If you can be bothered to get involved, that is.

Driving so aggressively than a RTC occurs us patently ridiculous. It's not just BRs who do this.

Plenty of commuters, and drivers undertaking the school run are absolute hypocrites.

I've been tailgated by drivers of people carriers whilst they are undertaking the 'school run'. What beggars belief is that they all see fit to plaster 'Child On Board' stickers in the rear window.

They need to learn not just to drive, that's beyond them anyway. Looking and thinking for themselves seems to put a large demand upon the solitary brain cell on duty.

Anyway, this is how the car looked after the accident

Did anyone else notice the immense scenary in the background?

I used to get a lot of boy racers trying to 'race' me when I used to drive the Civic. In the Beemer though I don't get too much. I think it's just a maturity thing tbh. Little boys in 1 litre Corsas that think they're cool if they can over take a BMW or an Evo, etc.

My mates dad once said 'young people have got it wrong. It's not driving fast that makes you cool, it's driving slow enough so that everyone can see you!'

That is the area around my town and it can look great in good weather but they can also be dangerous to be on during winter because of the danger of avelances.

And notice that the accident was not a head on collission but a roll. His car jumped on it's trunk and bonnet for about 50 meters I think...

I used to get a lot of boy racers trying to 'race' me when I used to drive the Civic. In the Beemer though I don't get too much. I think it's just a maturity thing tbh. Little boys in 1 litre Corsas that think they're cool if they can over take a BMW or an Evo, etc.

My mates dad once said 'young people have got it wrong. It's not driving fast that makes you cool, it's driving slow enough so that everyone can see you!'

your mates dad nicked that quote of chili palmer;)

and sad to see your keeping the bm over the civic
confused.gif

Hahahaha... The BMW feels nicer to drive than the Civic tbh. It's got more power and it's rwd. It's comfortable and doesn't need the tits revving off it to get it going. Obviously I'd prefer an M3 (E30, E36, E46 or E92) but for now this will do as I'm using it to actually do some work on myself.

I actually got mistaken for a drug dealer in the Civic once, but that's a story for another day lol.

Too True.
Ive only been driving for about a month and half but i dont see the point of speeding around. I actually want to keep my license.
I was heading down to crayford to meet my mates the other night and was sticking too all the speed limits. Next thing I know the car that was stuck up my ass decided to overtake me by driving on the wrong side of the road. So now I have gotten to the traffic lights and pulled up beside the car and its a ford probably a 1.2 or 1.4 and its a car full of boys ¬_¬ and this driver is edging forward blatantly wanting a race off the line. Lets just say he got left behind for good.

had a guy in a dx civic last night cut up the lude, frigging idiot,
what are they trying to prove?

my car is fast too, wooo, look at me,

had a guy in a dx civic last night cut up the lude, frigging idiot,
what are they trying to prove?

my car is fast too, wooo, look at me,

"My car is fast, I can go at 105mph, too."

Yes, but it's taken you eleven miles to catch up!

I can just about live with the BR thing if they don't tailgate finally having managed to catch up.

HDi is not blessed with much patience and therefore tends to react fairly swiftly to tailgating drivers; in a not especially friendly kind of a way.

Ah yes, the joys of high torque diesels.

Tailgating? Well look at that, we have to stop for a red light.

Oh, can't you catch up, what a shame. Get a real car next time!

I got pulled over last night. Was coasting into town when a Vectra doing about 100 went past me over a cross hatched section (which is an instant ban). I couldn't be bothered to entertain him so I just carried on about a mile where the speed changes to a 40. Next thing I know a 320 Silver BMW puts on the blues. Pulls me over and questions me about my speed??? :confused::confused::confused: Now I know I was doing 60, which is the limit, but how could they have missed the Boy Racer in the Vectra???? They asked me a load of questions then just said off you go. I aint got a clue why they pulled me, but if they weren't being biggoted against cars, they could have court them a boy racer and got them a few more brownie points.

Thats why insurance premiums are so outrageously expensive for younger drivers (quite rightly too imho...) Having said that there will always the number whose parents clearly have more money than sense - I saw a kid of less than twenty tearing up my town centre and generally behaving anti-socially in a lotus not so long ago...

That's true Gratz2, my mate, who's mother is a lawyer, was rolling around in a 6 yo BMW M3 at the age of 21. No prize for guessing who paid for that!!!

I couldn't help my self :( I was coming back from rugby training last night, when a golf tdi was right up my arse in the 30zone. You couldn't get a rizla paper in-between my car and his, so I dropped to 2nd and when we got to the 60 zone left him for dead round a long sweeping left hand corner. I started to curse at 60 and the little beggar pulled up right behind me again. WHY????? Then he overtook me, probably just to tell all his boy friends that he smoked an Evo. IDIOT!

That's true Gratz2, my mate, who's mother is a lawyer, was rolling around in a 6 yo BMW M3 at the age of 21. No prize for guessing who paid for that!!!

That's not entirely fair. Before I wrote of my Alfa (insurance hike but my own fault so can't complain), I could've been rolling around in an E46 M3 at 20. Had the Reaper on the go though and always have to have two cars. And my old dears a barwoman/waitress :lol:

I know what you mean I had a Mk6 Fezza Zetec S up my arse the other day just coming out of some speed cameras, left him for dead without even changing out of 4th then started cruising again, got stuck behind a car overtaking very slowly and he came bombing up behind me then undertook me. Tit.