Boy racer vs me

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Last night I saw a Corsa with various DIY mods (Headlight covers, bonnet vent etc...) driven aggressively behind me, accelerating hard. It was the usual, lad + girlfriend + 2 youths in the back.

So I kept at 30mph all through the town (where safe to do so I should add), even in the corners and bends and he pulled right back for every corner. It would appear he can only drive fast in a straight line!

It was actually quite entertaining to see him slow right up for the corners and then rev the head off his little 1.2 engine to catch up with me again!

I see that a lot too. Insecure young men mostly make me laugh.

I'm just not looking forward to the day in a few years when some spotty oik like that comes to pick up my daughter.

'Nothing personal son, but I am going to have to kill you.'

All you can hope for is that she has better taste :)

Most of my daughter's boyfriends didn't have cars so she did the driving. Her previous one didn't even drive!

The latest one does drive, likes cars and is grown up so he can stay :)

Daughters boyfriends.................had a few run-ins with some!

All my girls drive and one is pretty good under the bonnet, so pity any lad!

The eldest actually drove one chaps car up the road, with his permission I might add! I was somewhat surprised as the chaps car was a V8 Mustang! Problem is, she now wants one!

Chavs and their chariots, they are amusing, especially when they try to ovetake and run out of grunt and road! :amuse:

I see that a lot too. Insecure young men mostly make me laugh.

I'm just not looking forward to the day in a few years when some spotty oik like that comes to pick up my daughter.

'Nothing personal son, but I am going to have to kill you.'

Is a shame really that these 'youths' drive in this manner. Probably don't declare there angle grinded mods and are a danger to every one becuase they have 3 more 'youths' in the car. Gives the rest of the male population a poor reputation, espeically of a younger age, and increased premiums.

Last edited:
Daughters boyfriends.................had a few run-ins with some!

All my girls drive and one is pretty good under the bonnet, so pity any lad!

The eldest actually drove one chaps car up the road, with his permission I might add! I was somewhat surprised as the chaps car was a V8 Mustang! Problem is, she now wants one!

Chavs and their chariots, they are amusing, especially when they try to ovetake and run out of grunt and road! :amuse:

Ive always found mate, that 100% of the time, putting your foot down when a chav tries it on, will more then likely end bad. In my opinion, slow down, let them over take and carry on with your journey.

Ive always found mate, that 100% of the time, putting your foot down when a chav tries it on, will more then likely end bad. In my opinion, slow down, let them over take and carry on with your journey.

That depends on entirely what you are driving.

I found that one squirt of the Elan's throttle and the boy racer suddenly decides he wasn't really trying to race and has an appointment down the next turning :)

I've got chavs and wanna-be's everywhere every single day trying to race me. They just cant help themselves. When I can be bothered putting them back in their place it usually makes for an amusing drive. lol

I found that one squirt of the Elan's throttle and the boy racer suddenly decides he wasn't really trying to race and has an appointment down the next turning :)

I find this a good deterrent as wel

or if they start revving behind me at the lights I turn on the LC and floor it (in neutral)

The noise and flames when it pops as boost builds up usually does the trick.

I then pull off very very slowly and when I reach 30mph stay there

They NEVER try to overtake :lol::lol::lol:

Some good replies there. I have dipped the clutch before now and revved it a little to warn them. The MG is good for that and with the lightened flywheel it sounds much better when revved. I must grow up! :blink1:

When I had the Chevette the roaring twin 48s were enough, even better when running with the open trumpets :bigsmile: God I miss that car!

Many moons ago some ass did try to pass me with a contra-flow fast approaching, it was obvious he was running out of steam and yards, nothing funnier than seeing the front end dip hard, smoke filled wheel arches and traffic cones spraying everywhere. Serves them right for not merging, bet the journey home was a little lumpy up front with nice flat spots.

im sure all us older folks carry out a full risk assessment before choosing our course of action if the decision is the fun one. anything ahead? any turnings that a blind driver could pull out of? anywhere a copper could be hiding with a speed trap?

i had a golf gti the other day. mk 4 i think? he had given up by the time i got to 4th gear

i have noticed recently that my car gets a LOT of attention and not just boy racers and now i get even more with the stupidly loud HKS BOV which is a risk to old people at bus stop. is it illegal to carry out accidental geriatric genocide with a BOV?

My car isn't the quickest thing on four wheels but I still get perplexed by people who challenge me in a 1.2 Clio RN for example. How silly !!

ive had nobody try this since owning the gt4 but when ive been in other cars and it happens to be a chav i just laugh and pull of slowly while they race off and they always get caught at the next set of lights

If you've got anything modern you're going to leave a 1.2-litre Corsa well behind in the twisty stuff, especially if that little motor's got to haul 4 chav arses and all that extra plastic.

The ZR does entice saxo drivers some what. But second you get into the corners your laughing really, but again, I'd rather let the guy over take when I slow down enough in a safe place.

I used to play this game in my Primera - watch the BR trying to keep up on the twisties and fail totally with ploughing understeer that scrubs off all his speed.

Those P11 Primeras with the super intricate multi-link suspension were sensational handling and hard gripping cars. I think you'd find it quite a task to keep up in your ZR to be honest. My 5 series handles beautifully neutrally, as if on rails even, but the Nissan felt like the hand of God was directing it.

I used to play this game in my Primera - watch the BR trying to keep up on the twisties and fail totally with ploughing understeer that scrubs off all his speed.

Those P11 Primeras with the super intricate multi-link suspension were sensational handling and hard gripping cars. I think you'd find it quite a task to keep up in your ZR to be honest. My 5 series handles beautifully neutrally, as if on rails even, but the Nissan felt like the hand of God was directing it.

Sorry if I am came off applying my ZR is the best car ever... It is, to me, :lol:but I was saying it will out handle anything a boy racer throws at me. My Zr will more then likely be destroyed by the Primera! Very interesting cars, heard people praise there handling. Is there any defining features the P11's have? I see plently of Primera's around my way.

No - didn't mean to sound as if I was criticising you mister - not at all - sorry if I came across that way.

The problem with the P11 is its dull looks which belie it's drivability. I also found mine a bit noisy at high speeds but apart from that indestructible.

In 178,000 miles of ownership, apart from oils and filters, tyres pads etc. and the occasional bulb the ONLY thing I ever had go wrong was the rear screen washer jet became blocked. ! ! ! ! !

They are bullet proof cars

Last edited:
No - didn't mean to sound as if I was criticising you mister - not at all - sorry if I came across that way.

Don't worry, you didn't come across like that at all, I just didn't fully understand what you said, so I apologized for maybe implying my little 1.4 would destroy anything! :lol:

The problem with the P11 is its dull looks which belie it's drivability. I also found mine a bit noisy at high speeds but apart from that indestructible.

In 178,000 miles of ownership, apart from oils and filters, tyres pads etc. and the occasional bulb the ONLY thing I ever had go wrong was the rear screen washer jet became blocked. ! ! ! ! !

Where there are dull looks, quite often makes the perfect sleeper!

Sadly the UK market stopped at about 150bhp.

Mine was the 130bhp Auto, no ball of fire in s straight line but you could largely negate this by taking bends at speeds more commonly seen on the M6 in lane 3 :-D

Last edited:

Unless given to tn:lol:

Ah - hah Mr TN is a rule unto himself ! ! BOTH halfshafts !!!!

I suppose it's a testimony to the durability of the clutch and gearbox :-D

My Primera took a battering to be honest.
I thrashed it absolutely everywhere.
And your spot on with the "on rails" comment HDi.
I sneakily overtook a Skyline in mine on a wet twisted country lane and left him for dead as he was rear wheel drive and couldn't put the power down. In my mirrors he was sideways out of every corner.
And yup I did both sides within a month. ;)
Even my mechanic friend didn't believe i'd snapped the driveshaft till I showed him. :lol::lol::lol:

I used to have a tweaked Primera and agree that they can handle extremely well
They were actually raced and a full track primera is something that will surprise an awful lot of people.

I think I should also explain that when you say skyline you do mean a GTS and not a GTR which are worlds apart

GTS s are RWD and used for drifting mainly because they spend a lot of time with the back end out anyway
They are tail happy even when pushed in the dry ( and all the time if it is wet)

A GTR is completely different and has computer controlled AWD and RWS (even back in 1990)
I think you would have struggled a bit in your primera in the dry and even more so in the wet had it been a GTR

Last edited:
It was Rwd Sleeper buddy. I wouldn't of even attempted it if it wad 4wd. :lol:
He didn't see me coming until the last min. Then he knocked it down a gear and floored it as I was passing. He just snaked down the road with the rears smoking. I plowed into the first tightish right hander and that was it. I saw him exit every corner sideways.
I just pounded round every corner. haha
It was wet and on some corners had standing water. So not many Rwd cars would of kept up with the Primera.

I agree with TN - the P11s were sensational handlers with loads of lateral grip. Fussy about tyres though. The best results I had was using Goodyear Eagle Ventura. This was a directional design from the very late 1990s and it suited the car and my driving style perfectly.

Bet he felt well cool.

Had he have overtaken you, then pulled a hand brake turn on some gravel afterwards he would well have gotten his end away.

Women love that sort of stuff

NOT!!

First time I took my woman out in the Evo and got the dump working and fast cornering she said

''Oh, your mazda had better seats''

You're not wrong there Joe. I'm trying to look for the mrs a car at the moment and all I get is, "I don't like that colour". lol