Bought a GT

It's already got a green cotton filter, hks exhaust system, rising rate fpr, fuel cut defender, blitz bov, 15" OZ's and TRD discs with greenstuff pads. Apparently it's got forged pistons and rods too (you couldn't run that much boost on a standard bottom end.) But i'm thinking it might have low comp pistons. It's pushing 14 psi in low boost mode, and 19 in high.

Oh, and it's been stripped of it's rear seats, seatbelts, parcel shelf, spare wheel and jack etc. So yeah, it is pretty quick for a 1.3

No doubt i'll eventually change tha manifold (runner #3 is very restrictive on the standard one) and get a FMIC. Who knows though, maybe a TD04 setup is on the cards. Time will tell, but for now, I'm having enough fun with it as it is.

Nope. It worked out cheaper than the Swift!

£206 deposit, then £93 a month for 10 months. The Swift was costing me £107 a month. TPFT and all of the mods have been declared.

It was washed/waxed yesterday. I hate multispoke wheels, they're a knightmare to clean.

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

I guess this is an imported model - couln't get any uk stats for a turbo. Car looks nice. To help keep the wheels clean try EBC Greenstuff pads - they are low dust high performance pads. They still produce dust but the weekly job of cleaning them becomes monthly instead.

waynne said:
I guess this is an imported model - couln't get any uk stats for a turbo. Car looks nice. To help keep the wheels clean try EBC Greenstuff pads - they are low dust high performance pads. They still produce dust but the weekly job of cleaning them becomes monthly instead.

the_names_james said:
...and TRD discs with greenstuff pads...
:wink:

And the GT was never officially sold in the UK.

Wow I feel like a witch! :lol:

So you had Greenstuff pads fitted really quickly or were they really there all along!

Have you worked out the full spec of the car yet? Particularly the engine internals.

Yeah, the greenstuff pads were on the car when I bought it.

The guy mentioned a strengthened bottom end, but who knows. I've just read that the standard internals can handle up to 250hp with correct tuning.

It's got a pretty good spec considering it's 15 years old. Air con, electric windows and mirrors. I think boost button on the dash (to switch between lo/hi) is just plain cool. 8)

That is awesome! What a car..

How does the boost button work? Does it partially close off the turbo inlet at the exhaust manifold to reduce the amount the turbo spools? I have never really thought about how a boost controller works..

I wanted one of these before I was into French cars and would still definitely consider getting one!... When I could afford to insure it!

When in low boost mode, I think when the button is pressed, the ECU tells the actuator to hold the wastegate closed for a little longer thereby allowing a bit more exhaust to spin the turbine, creating a bit more boost. The actuator/wastegate is the thing that has overall control of regulating the boost.

Click for a guide to electronic boost controllers.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back