Bose sound system Audi S3

MattS3

Car
Audi s3 8l
Hi guys,
Just wanting to know about people’s experiences with the Audi S3 8L Bose sound system? My front left has gone possibly front right is on it’s way...

is it worth finding a replacement Bose sound system or go after market?
Cheers

It depends what style of music you like, the Bose setup is really good and the bass is exceptional - I loved mine in my A4 and A3, but for more refined classical music where subtle highs are the order of the day then I prefer the B&O setup because the BOSE is all bottom end power but the B&O is rubbish if you like drum and bass etc...

There should be plenty of units in the breakers yard, but check it is the speakers and not the amp driving them or a cable problem. Quite often dead speakers turn out to be fine and the problem is elsewhere. If you are noticing a crackle or noise from the speaker then it's probably the speaker cone that is the issue.

It depends what style of music you like, the Bose setup is really good and the bass is exceptional - I loved mine in my A4 and A3, but for more refined classical music where subtle highs are the order of the day then I prefer the B&O setup because the BOSE is all bottom end power but the B&O is rubbish if you like drum and bass etc...

There should be plenty of units in the breakers yard, but check it is the speakers and not the amp driving them or a cable problem. Quite often dead speakers turn out to be fine and the problem is elsewhere. If you are noticing a crackle or noise from the speaker then it's probably the speaker cone that is the issue.
Yeah great thanks for that, actually after this I found a full set of Bose for £70 which I thought was a steal. I only have my front left crackling so I assume it’s the cone. At least now I have a spare If any of the others go, including the amp.

thanks for the reply

It depends what style of music you like, the Bose setup is really good and the bass is exceptional - I loved mine in my A4 and A3, but for more refined classical music where subtle highs are the order of the day then I prefer the B&O setup because the BOSE is all bottom end power but the B&O is rubbish if you like drum and bass etc...hipnaija

what is your recommendation for Jazz or Classic type of music

I would go with the Bang & Olufsen and an Audi Group car for classical and Jazz the Bose in my opinion is too bass focussed and doesn't have the high end definition. Is it the amp or speakers that have gone?

Sorry for my slow reply, i've been poorly the last few weeks.