Bosch Brakes

amero

Car
530d
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with Bosch Brakes???

I need to replace my front set as my New mintex ones warped in like 1000-2000miles and don't really want to brake the bank.

I've come across Bosch Brake Discs and Pads for £90 and wondering about giving them a go - any reviews? opinions????

Cheers All?

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with Bosch Brakes???

I need to replace my front set as my New mintex ones warped in like 1000-2000miles and don't really want to brake the bank.

I've come across Bosch Brake Discs and Pads for £90 and wondering about giving them a go - any reviews? opinions????

Cheers All?

Hello. Don't want to 'brake' the bank. V funny.

If it's £90 all in for an axle set of discs and pads I'd be wary. I once had a set of Eicher (Eurocarparts own brand) discs and pads on my 406 and they were rubbish. Cheap, yes.

I had them removed a couple of thousand miles later and ECP refunded in full against a set of ATE discs and pads.

Are you sure they're warped and not just suffering from pad material transfer?

It takes a lot to warp what are in fairness quite large discs.

Well I get really bad feedback when breaking at 90mph + - anything I could do to rule it out???

Looks like you've got your breaks and brakes muddled up :)

I would look at the ATE pads and discs as OEM quality items. BMW stock brakes are pretty good right across the range for many years.

Something I'd leave well alone is EBC pads. I had dreadful experiences with these, although some people swear by them.

Just remember that in general the higher the performance rating of a pad the worse it will behave when cold.

If you're getting pedal judder then they probably are warped.

Steering judder alone might just be material transfer. To avoid this in future make sure you let go of the pedal when stationary. If your car is automatic then apply p/brake and select N.

You could try a series of firm stops from about 60-70mph down to about 20mph. This might help to scrub off any transferred material. Try not to come to a halt as this will stop the airflow cooling the brakes. Instead rebuild your speed and anchor up again

Alternatively you could try polishing the discs with very fine wire wool.

But if they are warped then replacement is the only option.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back