Borescopes

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I am in the market for a borescope, but there are many models and I am getting confused.

Anyone have or used one? Any recommendations or models/makes to avoid?

You can get a USB digital one for about £20 now, the ones with built in screens are pretty expensive.

The key is the lighting, without this the thing is next to useless.

This one is 7 meters long so quite handy around the house as well as the usual engine stuff - you could probably inspect the engine via the exhaust pipe without having to pop out a spark plug with this one.;) :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-...7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334427575&sr=1-7

Thanks Waynne. I have looked at these, but having to lug a laptop around doesn't appeal. I want something I can leave in the toolbox and just pick up and use.

That's the sort of thing I am looking for. However, £200 is a tad too rich for my palate. Cheap second hand is more my style :)

That's the sort of thing I am looking for. However, £200 is a tad too rich for my palate. Cheap second hand is more my style :)

I might be able to help you there OG now I know what your talking about! I am fairly sure that I still have my scopes predecessor in my other tool kit at the office, I am terrible when it comes to an upgrade; I'm so weak! :embarrest:
I'll let you know on Monday! ;)

OK, I will try. Finishing final fixing points on fuel system mounting plate at the moment so that will keep me busy :)

As promised OG, pictures of my pre-upgrade inspection camera.

Starting from top left then moving clockwise we have: The monitor handle and control unit which takes AA batteries, battery charger for colour monitor, camera and light umbilical, colour monitor.
photo.jpg

An old netbook case which keeps everything safe inside.
photo1-3.jpg

It's like new and still has the protective plastic cover on the screen. Cost me £149.00 two years ago and has been used about a dozen times I think.
Let me know what you think OG ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back