bore size

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
does the bore size matter on wheel fitments ?

my car has a bore size of 72.6, the wheels i am thinking of buying are 74.1. thats a difference of 1.5.

the wheels are bigger by the said 1.5.

any advice ?

cheers lads/ladies

:blink1:

just done a bit of reading (yes it was hard with no pictures) and it said that im need a ring of some sort. is that like spacer or somthing and do i need new bolts to go with the alloys ?

You will need spigot rings, these are available in various sizes to suit the hub diameter and that of the wheel bore. It is used to ensure the wheel is concentric to that of the hub/stub axle and eliminates unnecessary stresses placed on the hub/wheel studs or bolts.

Ebay is a good source of such rings, they don't cost much.

also the bore or the wheel has to be the same of bigger than the bore of the hub. otherwise youve got the issue of needing to get a metal worker to increase the bore on the wheel.

The 74.1 bore is the size of the 5 series uses. To fit 5 series wheels to a 3 series you need spigot rings.

The Style 32s will look awesome mate. Have you found a set yet?

The 74.1 bore is the size of the 5 series uses. To fit 5 series wheels to a 3 series you need spigot rings.

The Style 32s will look awesome mate. Have you found a set yet?

not yet mate, had some issues, moving house in a couple of weeks, paying for summer holiday came out of my car fund. :embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

but am on it mate, going to start my search once the move is over.

not yet mate, had some issues, moving house in a couple of weeks, paying for summer holiday came out of my car fund. :embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

but am on it mate, going to start my search once the move is over.

:O

Sounds exciting. New house, holiday and new rims!