Torque Cars

Boot lock Clio 182

Discussion in 'Clio' started by turbonutter69, 22 December 2008.

1. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Ok peeps my sister has a Clio 182 and the boot lock keeps jamming. When she presses the remote to unlock the car you can hear the boot unlock but the buttom won't press in. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it without going to a garage? Many thanks in advance.:D

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Have you lubricated the mechanism,button and hinge? A bit of WD40 or white grease can work wonders.

3. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Can't get to the mechanism. It's real strange cause you can hear it unlock. It's just the button won't press in.

4. soot

soot Full member

stoke on trent
    Car:
    laguna rti v6 24v
    had the same problem on the laguna, had to lower the rear seats and get in the boot from what i can remember their is a platic thing on the mechinisum which got stuck not allowing the button to be pushed got it un stuck never had the problem again. was i bit awkward to do though.hope this was some help

obi_waynne likes this.
  5. turbonutter69

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Cheers mate this is the second time its happened. The garage got it unstuck last time. I've not really had time to have a good look. Have I got to take off the trim panel?

6. soot

soot Full member

stoke on trent
    Car:
    laguna rti v6 24v
    had to on the laguna thats the akward part