Boost is so addictive

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Just a gentle warning of how easy it is to become a boost addict :)
Way back in 92 = last century :eek: when I became the owner of the 85 model car in the pic I never knew much about turbo cars and the first mod was to remove the strangled factory exhaust system and fit a 3 inch system and the power increase was close to 20% which was wonderful BUT the turbo spooled up so much better that the EMS cut the fuel supply to protect the engine |B and that led to a "fuel cut defender" that allowed me to use the higher boost level .
Then I was told of the benefit of having the turbo " hi flowed" so I must have been hooked so that was done and more power was made.
I now realise that I was indeed addicted to the almost never ending power increases that were to be had with turbo power.

Suffice to say that the car now has 3 times the power output that it had when it rolled out of the factory doors. :eek:

I enjoy driving it fast at track days as you have to be more switched on as it has zero electronic gizmos like ESC,TC,ABS, LC etc to save the driver if he runs out of talent.

Boost is so much more refined in modern cars, unless you have it mapped to be brutal. It is quite hard to detect a point where the turbo cuts in.

I remember the Austin rover Turbo days, these things were go carts that had massive power hikes when the turbo got up to speed giving a sudden boost.

I think I've only owned turbo cars for the last 20 years now!

You are right that you can never have enough power, whatever you get you crave more. It's much like money really or so I'm told, I've never had any to test out the theory!

2dg4zr.jpg

That white powder on his lips looks like he has had his daily dose of some kind of boost enhancing chemical.:)

Boost is so much more refined in modern cars, unless you have it mapped to be brutal. It is quite hard to detect a point where the turbo cuts in.

I remember the Austin rover Turbo days, these things were go carts that had massive power hikes when the turbo got up to speed giving a sudden boost.

I think I've only owned turbo cars for the last 20 years now!

You are right that you can never have enough power, whatever you get you crave more. It's much like money really or so I'm told, I've never had any to test out the theory!

Obi it shoves me hard in the back when it hits 3000 revs all the way to 7000 and makes me :) every time.