boost control problems and fix

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Was having overboost problems at the track day a couple of months ago and was experiencing the boost flying up to 25psi in a flash where my GFB TURBO FUSE saved the day by opening the BOV to reduce excess pressure.
Have the same probs with the new turbo and have been adjusting the controller every which way and was tearing my hair out when I took off the SS braided hose to one of the WG ports and plugged one end and sank it in a bucket or water and applied air pressure to the other end which immediately turned the bucket into a mini spa bath. There turned out to be 3 holes in the hose.

Went off to my friendly hydraulics workshop and bought a new hi temp blue hose refitted it and lo & behold problem solved :D:D

Last edited:
All I can put it down to is the SS braid was getting too hot from the dump pipe even though it was a minimum of 3 inches away at the closest point and that degraded the tubing inside and the boost pressure found the weakened spots and escaped thereby allowing the gate to stay closed longer and allowing the boost to build past the 17 psi setting.

Have replaced it with 150 degree heat resistant heavy duty hydraulic hose and have relocated it as far away from the exhaust as possible given the lack of space available in the area.

GFB have asked if they can use my EM to them as a testimonial.

Last edited: