Body work paint protection

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
I understand that there is some sort of armour glazing that can be sprayed over your car body colour that will help to repel stonechips, scratches etc. Does anyone know of this substance or can confirm if it actually works? :amazed:

Marvellous, many thanks PG! I'm getting some body panels resprayed in a months time and wanted to protect the whole car immediately afterwards and protect the investment :)

or theres the good old supa guard which stops almost everything if you were to believe what garages say.

the C1 has to be applied by professionally as its a sand off job if it goes wrong apparently - dont think gteching will actually really sell it to joe public. plus side means if you get it applied professionally means the car should have been professionally polished as well so you dont end up with what the father in laws got where the car has been polished badly - holograms and trails all over the side - then this has been sealed in. christ knows how im going to try and sort it

Cheers PG, will take onboard all of your advice and make sure that I find a proper professional outfit to do the job. :)

Not sure about all this fancy-pants stuff folks. There's no way you'd catch me putting that C1 stuff on my paint. The only thing that will stop stone chips and scratches is Armourfend in exposed areas really (Front bumper, tip of bonnet). If applied properly you can hardly tell it's there and a number of cars have armourfend applied from the factory.

Supagard is a pro only application and bonds to the paint so preparation is key. ALL swirls and light scratches must be removed or it looks awful.

The pro valeters recommend a good wax coating instead of these "permanent" coatings. (They only last 3 years anyway and need to be topped up with a protective cream regularly so you might as well just invest in some collonite wax and be done with it).

my mother has bought a new fiesta from a large retailer and that came with somthing called diamond gaurd (i think), she had to pay £500 odd to have it on the exterior and interior. if she gets any problems with the paint they come out and sort it out for her for the next 3 years. this covers light scratches, paint fade, and other stuff that i cant remember. will have a look and get back to you all.

on another note, i found out that new cars since 2005 ish, ALL have water based paint instead of synthetic based paint. shocked me.