body smoothing and touch up paint

corsabalex

Wrench Pro
Car
corsab need newcar!
how much would i be looking at for smoothing over bumpers and a few other parts around the body and spraying all the plastic bumpers to the same colour as the car? also opinions on corsa gsi or a redtop conversion corsa or even some different warm hatches? (not stupid like corsa vxr's and clio f1) like zetecs territory??

It depends a lot on how much work is involved. I would guess somewhere around 300-600 as a ballpark. Its best to speak to your local bodyshop and get a quotation really. If the paintwork is in bad condition and there are other scratches then it would be a lot more work.

It would be best to pop your warm hatch question in the general chat area. (I'll also move this thread from Gallery to styling for you.)

This all depends on where you go and where you live mate. I couldn't give you a an actual price, but you should be looking at around £100 per section.

As an alternative option, I've recently finished spraying the bumpstrips on my mates car. The whole job costed around £100. But he only drives a Matiz and we done it on my driveway. It looks so much better now though!

i just purchased a car
its in pretty good cond, but a bit of scratches here and there on bumper etc
they have previosuly been attempted to be covered up, but are very rough
is there a DIY way of repraying with good results?

other than take your time not really.
sand, prime, paint, polish.

are they rough in feeling or stand out a bit in colour?
if its feeling use some 2000 grit wet and dry with ALOT of water to smooth.
then use a good polish

if the colours off slightly try using a strong polish

i wouldnt reckomend trying to paint a body part, unless you have an oven bake, which you dont because youd be a spray painter and you wouldn be asking that question

i spray car parts such as alloys, rocker covers etc = small things,
a bumper is a big thing

ive tryed spraying my bonnet and what happens when you dont have an oven bake is,
the paint dont dry fast enough and all you get is the primer coming through in spots
now thats black paint,

a light coulor could be differant

id save up the money mate been honest, it shouldnt cost over a 100 euros, if so, shop somewhere else

It does depend on the colour. For metallics and special finishes you will not get even close with a tin. White can also be tricky to match up as will red if the car has faded.

thanks for replys, my car is light goldish and its been attempted to be previously covered with paint using a brush which ovbviously hasnt prodced great results
however being on low budget being a 16 year old i need to save money in any way i can yet still have quality
if i purchase a can of spray matching in colour, is it possible to get a nice finish that is 90% unoticable to others

I think the answer is that you won't make it any worse than it is.

Get some wet & dry course and very fine. Use the corse and a sanding block to get out the brushmarks.

Spray very lightly and don't aim to cover the area fully until the 3rd or fourth go. Then finish with the fine wet & dry, apply a laquer coat and then polish and wax. Hopefully this will all blend in.

(Don't use the end of the tin as this tends to splatter.)

over here can of paint is around £7 laquars about the same so £14 (think its roughly $2:£1) so $28 for the paint and maybe $5 for the wet and dry, just remember and get the finest paper you can. 1500 - 2000. and LOTS of water