Body kits going out of fashion

As I have said in other threads I will do anything that interests me and of course if somebody is willing to pay the price :bigsmile:

But thanks for the comments, I have sold a few DBS replica panels to someone who is fitting them to a Supra.

If anyone is interested I can do DBS front bumper quarters, side skirts and rear diffuser, with a little imagination you could make them fit.

Here's something I am doing at the moment

PARAXKa-1.jpg

An XK with a hint of DBS :blink1:

that jag looks nice, I want that....

Not a great fan of body kits always look a bit desperate to me. having said that some of the above look great but look at the start point pretty stylish to start with. They seem to be the choice of idiots near us all plastic poor paint jobs all noise and no performance.
I'd much rather spend the money on the interior styling, ice and handling.

Celtic Eagle

As I have said in other threads I will do anything that interests me and of course if somebody is willing to pay the price :bigsmile:

But thanks for the comments, I have sold a few DBS replica panels to someone who is fitting them to a Supra.

If anyone is interested I can do DBS front bumper quarters, side skirts and rear diffuser, with a little imagination you could make them fit.

Here's something I am doing at the moment

PARAXKa-1.jpg

An XK with a hint of DBS :blink1:

Thats well smart.

Body kits went out the window a long time ago. its all about inhanced factory styling now.
Keep it simple, clean and low with a nice set of wheels. add a front lip spoiler if you must

Body kits went out the window a long time ago. its all about inhanced factory styling now.
Keep it simple, clean and low with a nice set of wheels. add a front lip spoiler if you must

I don't agree with 'bodykits went out the window', I beleive they have changed, I really dislike the OTT stuff but subtle changes are still well in.

Keeping a standard looking bumper but adding a lip and a vent or 2 which actually do something other than a stuck on piece of bull5h!t is cool in my book.

I do quite like the smoothed 'Euro' look, simple but effective, lowered, a descent set of rims and a nice exhaust note without the look of a bake bean tin with the bottom cut off.....What is this fasination with HUGE exhaust tips?

Body kits only look good if they are done well, otherwise they look crap, add weight and make the car less aerodynamic. Have to say though there do seem to be a few less halfords ripspeed 1.0 corsas out there.

Have to say though there do seem to be a few less halfords ripspeed 1.0 corsas out there.

Hmmm dunno about that I have seen quite a few lately, they must have a sale on :blink:

Not a Halfrauds special but my own creation :bigsmile:

xkracer-70408-albums-jaguars-i-have-worked-1860-picture-96-xk8-x150-conversion-style-pack-rear-bumper-xf-light-conversion-8393.jpg

xkracer-70408-albums-jaguars-i-have-worked-1860-picture-96-xk8-x150-conversion-8392.jpg

That has had a new rear end including XF light conversion, side sill covers and front bumper, could do with lowering :?:

i agree 100% but will add jap style kits look terrible.(big full stop;)) even on jap cars!!!

Why do people make such sweeping statements that just cant be correct -

Whilst it is certainly true some times for sure All the time ? Dont think so

Not all body kits are huge wings , some can actually be less lary than the standard cars ( Nismo for example)

Trouble is that a quality kit that is made work areodynamically as well as look good and fit as good as the original (by having as many fixing points as the original and having proper mountings) cost a lot to make.

So people buy something for half the price and then wonder why it doesnt fit properly when they get it home - It looked the same in the pics :sad2:

Try going to a jap meet you will notice that most of the aftermarket body kits will often be OTT
But what you will often miss is a car with a factory kit cos it looks like its supposed to be on the car

all depends on the kit. i like very descret body kit ones u dont really relise they r there. but i would rather have a standard body lowered with a nice set of allot wheels. most body kit are way to over the top for me

Im thinking whether I made a right decision in putting a wide body kit on my 206. Its the 206 evo one which I doubt people will like after I have read this post. Tbh if you going to put a bodykit on any car and you will pay a professional to do it then it is going to cost too much but if you are like me, I had my body kit fitted and soon will be painted, the cost would be around £500 for me for materials as a family member is doing all the job (no labour charges)

have a look at this one here and tell me what u think

http://www.autotintdesign.com/body%20kits/Peugoet/206%20Big%20Evo/big%20evo.htm

Im thinking whether I made a right decision in putting a wide body kit on my 206. Its the 206 evo one which I doubt people will like after I have read this post. Tbh if you going to put a bodykit on any car and you will pay a professional to do it then it is going to cost too much but if you are like me, I had my body kit fitted and soon will be painted, the cost would be around £500 for me for materials as a family member is doing all the job (no labour charges)

have a look at this one here and tell me what u think

http://www.autotintdesign.com/body kits/Peugoet/206 Big Evo/big evo.htm

The kit has defiantly got the euro look to it and soot's the pug for a change. Body kits are great when they are done well but when they are poorly fitted they make the car look as if it's just had a load of plastic bits stuck onto them.I still remember when people used to stick bits on a metro and try to pass it off as a 6r4 untill they were reminded what a real 6r4 was when i brought mine out to play.:bigsmile:

I once was a fan of bodykits, but can't stand them now! It actually angers me when I see BMWs with them.

The thing that gets me is, why don't you spend the money on performance instead?

thay went out of fashion in the late 80s if you ask me:blink:

I once was a fan of bodykits, but can't stand them now! It actually angers me when I see BMWs with them.

The thing that gets me is, why don't you spend the money on performance instead?

I wish I had got a picture mate... It would boil your blood!

A Black Bimmer with.............................................. A Bonnet bra and 5 inch back box. it's a 318 aswell. :(

Im looking for a small sleek kit for my 95 eclipse, anyone have a decent website to order it from? Please do not worry much on the price, for i would love a wide kit that looks good on the car.

I've probably got the ugliest thing on wheels.
I dont know what roads are like in the UK and other places where every one thinks lowering is the way to go.
Living in Australia is like 4X4 on the better roads. If it isn't pot holes galore its intersections that were forgotten about when they did the drainage infrastructure so you have near valleys to drive through. So for me lowering sucks too along with spoiler /body kits as they just add to the bottoming out factor.
Performance from body kits!!!!???? what a laugh. Maybe if you were in a grand prix where you can actually reach speeds that would see aerodynamics kick in.
I went the opposite way and put on heavy duty springs jacking the car up. Yes it's ugly but at least it doesnt take half an hour to navigate speed bumps in a shopping centre. With the heavy duty springs it handles more than good enough.
I would love a lowered good looking car but not at the cost of having no chasis left after a drive.

Oh dang, I think Im going to stop complaining about dirt roads now. What is it you put springs on and raised?

thay went out of fashion in the late 80s if you ask me:blink:

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Although I am not a big fan of body kits, we have some members on here who have body kits on their cars and they do look quite striking. There is a member on here called Jagz (further back in this thread) who does some remarkable work on Jaguars :)

Last edited:
Where would be the best place to look for full kits? Im not looking at price really just style.