BMW Vision EfficientDynamics

mechkween

Torque Junkie
Car
ford ikon 1.3
Man, this was the best thing ever i saw. The BMW concept Vision ED at New Delhi. I am impressed. Check out the pics below, i couldn't upload the pics i took coz of bad picture quality so here are some pics i had earlier.

Attachments

• dsc001.jpg
    dsc001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
  • dsc002.jpg
    dsc002.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
  • dsc003.jpg
    dsc003.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
Here are the specs-
1. 328 hp / 241kW
2. 800 Nm torque
3. 3 cylinder turbodiesel (1.5l) and two electric motors, one on each axle.
4. 91 lithium polymer batteries
5. 0-100 kmph in 4.8 s
6. fuel consumption 3.76l/100 km
7. cruising range 700 km
8. co2 emissions 99 g/ km
9. top speed 250 kmph (electronically limited)
10. coefficient of drag 0.22
11. michelin tyres 192/55 R21 (i was the centre of attraction when i got down to my feet to actually read those numbers:toung:)

mmmmmmmmm. dont know if i like it or not ?

well after looking at a few times i like the rear end but the front looks like its been in a room with cheech and chong

Last edited:
Well I can see it in a Sci-Fi type movie that's for sure - but on the road?
For me, the jury is still out with regard to it's looks! ;)

well its a concept right now, but BMW say it might come into production by 2013, till then...its unreal

It's projects such as this which advance the whole car industry.

Well said HDi, I saw an article about this in a magazine a few months ago, the body panels are free floating from the structure of the car channeling air around it to get that excellent drag coefficient and I have to admit to liking the "post Chris Bangle" direction Beemer are taking, this is one of the most striking and impressive concepts to come along for an absolute age.

Doesn't look like the designers have ever heard of speed bumps! It will need more clearance but it's not uncommon for concepts to feature impossibly large wheels and low clearances.

another brilliant spec- the cars window panels are made of polycarbonate that darkens as the intensity of sunlight increases

and the charging at 220V will take just two and a half hour, double the voltage and whoa, just 44 min to charge completely

It looks like the lovechild of a one night orgy with a Toyota Prius, Renault Wind and the Lambo Murcielago!

I'm not sure on the looks but I agree with HDI Fun that it is stuff like this that helps the industry progress and move forward rather than ticking over during the current climate, it's nice to see some innovationand investment.