bmw update!

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hey lads possibly now the start of my bmw driving life.

Got insured for an eye watering amount.

Took in for n Mot and it failed on 2 things.

Offside rear coil spring broken

And

Rear box exhaust has major leak of exhaust gases.

:(

Ordered the new spring n my brother has a spare backbox he will cut and bolt for me.

Well that doesn't sound to bad, then again on top of a "Got insured for an eye watering amount" then I assume there is still an ouch involved with getting the Beemer through the MOT.

Is the retest still free if done within 14 days?

Well that doesn't sound to bad, then again on top of a "Got insured for an eye watering amount" then I assume there is still an ouch involved with getting the Beemer through the MOT.

Is the retest still free if done within 14 days?

10 days mate I am fixing it Wednesday

Think I am going to start my Project Thread officially this weekend xD

Didn't tell you all I re-passed my test (again) so now have the pleasure of 6 points and a full licence again (yay)

Got 0 minors this time so a Flawless drive

Could be a lot worse, springs are easy enough. Might be worth checking/replacing the one on the other side, as if it's old and tired too you'll get different suspension characteristics on each side.

HDI Fun now has a Beemer but he hasn't changed his handle so no worries. (;->

Could be a lot worse, springs are easy enough. Might be worth checking/replacing the one on the other side, as if it's old and tired too you'll get different suspension characteristics on each side.

HDI Fun now has a Beemer but he hasn't changed his handle so no worries. (;->
Good point about the spring when I bought my rover I knew 1 spring had snapped. But bought a set anyway cause I didn't want mixed springs, But when changing the other side I realised that spring had broken too right at the seat hardly noticeable;)