BMW M5 - Diesel Version!

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
For those that haven't heard, BMW are planning to release 'M' versions with diesel engines. (HDI's ideal car!)

Diesel M5.

The figures and ideas actually look very promising and could change performance cars. I'd be very interested to see how it performs versus the petrol version.

Any thoughts?

I'd be interested to grab a test drive. Is it just a 535d with M bolt ons because that probably isn't enough to make it marketable given the brilliance of the 535d anyway and the M5's superior performance.

I'd be interested to grab a test drive. Is it just a 535d with M bolt ons because that probably isn't enough to make it marketable given the brilliance of the 535d anyway and the M5's superior performance.

Not 100% sure on this as such. I'd imagine it to be a middle ground. But I'm sure all the power + the economy will be very attractive for some people. I just hope it doesn't get ruined by the suits.

That's always the risk. I quite like the idea of a Touring variant and I'm sure Alpina will offer some additional shove in the course of time.

I do like the appeal of an automatic diesel estate car which can clear 60mph in 4.7 seconds. I expect the midrange stomp will be absolutely sensational.

I like!

I like a lot!!

I like a lot a lot!!!

£60,000. Thats more than my GT-R :sad2:

The depreciation on them will be slow too I reckon. I wont be able to own one for a while. Nice find.