BMW M3 acceleration a no no help

gypsyboy

Hi folks am a newbie so treat me with care lol have a bmw m3 evo, its running like a bag of **** at the moment, sluggish acceleration , ticks over awful, exhaust pops when de accelerating, not good. Any ideas where to take it to be tuned like it was new again?
Someone who knows what to do with my baby and not cost the earth? any help appreciated guys

Welcome to torquecars GYPSYBOY we promise to be gentle - we share the knowledge here all levels of experience are welcome. What have you tried so far? A full service and a decoke is usually a good place to start and replacing the leads and plugs is sensible. Your problems could be a dodgy sensor, Thermostat, Lambda probe, fuel pump issue induction problem. How many miles has she covered? Is it better in the cold/hot or when engine has warmed up? Are there any ticking or knocking noises? Is the Service history up to date?

Hi thanks for the reply, car is going in for inspection 2 next week, has covered 73k fsh. has had a new exhaust supersprint, and a chip new ecu you might call it. Apart from that dont know only had her since september

The remap may be running such tight parameters that the leeway built into the standard ecu that keeps things running smoothly is outside the parameters of the new ecu. Thats the drawback with chips it requires everything to be 97% ok wheras the makers program can cope down to say 70% ok.