Bmw e34

MrfarNhigh

Car
BMW E34 520I
Hello, everyone!
I just bought a bmw 5 on E34 body it's clean so I'm here to ask for some tips and recommendations to modify, upgrade this car.

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars good to have you along.

What are your aims for the car? How much are you looking to spend? Do you want a trackday racer, drifter, fun street car or just a good all rounder?

welcome aboard MrfarNhigh

congratulations on a good choice of motor matey look after it and you can have many years of happy motoring,now to the mods first replace the orange front indicators with nice clear lenses,will cost you about £20-£25 with side repeaters i have a k&n induction kit (about £120-£150 for a good one) and a full stainless steel exhaust system(mine cost £500)fitted to my E34 525i(sounds awesome,trust me you will be noticed though) another mod that looks nice is a nice set of 18 inch 7 series multi spoke alloys(they fit straight on with no messing about with spacers spiggots etc)try tinting the windows as well but be careful with the front ones as i have first hand experience of the implications of illegal tints,hope this helps you out buddy

welcome aboard MrfarNhigh

congratulations on a good choice of motor matey look after it and you can have many years of happy motoring,now to the mods first replace the orange front indicators with nice clear lenses,will cost you about £20-£25 with side repeaters i have a k&n induction kit (about £120-£150 for a good one) and a full stainless steel exhaust system(mine cost £500)fitted to my E34 525i(sounds awesome,trust me you will be noticed though) another mod that looks nice is a nice set of 18 inch 7 series multi spoke alloys(they fit straight on with no messing about with spacers spiggots etc)try tinting the windows as well but be careful with the front ones as i have first hand experience of the implications of illegal tints,hope this helps you out buddy

thanks for your answer...
ok so far I alrdy setted 17 inch wheels.
I read about performance chip but I don't know if that won't kill my computer / Engine.
yeah and I already planned to buy a new exhaust system as mine burned.

any more ideas?

wouldnt bother with the chip to begin with as its a NASP engine youd only be talking 8-10 bhp tops.
other things FSE valve and a set of fast road cams

and welcome by the way

completely agree with you pgarner
the k&n and exhaust will probably give out the same kind of bhp as a chip anyway plus some bmw engines dont like to be messed about with but if you insist on going for a chip please get it done professionally as when a bmw goes wrong it can be very expensive to have put right if i remember rightly your 520i will be pushing out about 150 bhp as standard which is more than enough as my 525i is pushing out about 170 bhp with just the exhaust and k&n and that aint bad for a 4 door sloon that weighs over a ton.

What year of 520 is it? Really early ones have m20b20 single cam 12v motors with 120hp, the rest are m50b25 twin cam 24v with 150hp.
The advice varies depending on the motor obv.

What are you looking to acheive? Extra performance? Visual mods? Got any issues with the car, problems you need advice with. Your original post is pretty vague.

What year of 520 is it? Really early ones have m20b20 single cam 12v motors with 120hp, the rest are m50b25 twin cam 24v with 150hp.
The advice varies depending on the motor obv.

What are you looking to acheive? Extra performance? Visual mods? Got any issues with the car, problems you need advice with. Your original post is pretty vague.
it's m50

Like the e34 mate =) We got a e34 525sport M5 Spec indicators White leather. The colour it orient blue =) Doing the engine up soon =) Now the car is putting out 198bhp Witch is ok tbf its only got a Gen 2 K&N Air Filter =)

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back