samudnf

Car
bmw F20 120d LCI
Hi everyone,

i'm looking for a while for some answers about the exact difference between the B4720D engine mounted on the bmw 120d and the one mounted non the 125d.
other than the twin turbo, what other difference do they have?
fuel pump, injectors, ECU, wiring ?
is the remapping possible?
i have a 120d and my (probably impossible) dream is to mount a twin turbo and all the missing components to make it become a 125d.
of course you'll will say that is easier to buy a 125d but you know when you have your car and you don't want to sell or buy something else. is more a matter of feelings than other...

thanks in advance.

Although the core engine is the same, there are several changes. The 125d features larger injectors, dual turbos as compared to the 120d's single twin scroll turbo, and a new gearbox. The fuel pressure is 200 Bar greater, but that is all. Cams profile and intercooler are the same.

Yes a remap is possible as is a turbo swap and you'll be there at 125d power levels.

There is not a lot in it as far as a daily drive goes, and a standard remap on the 120d will do wonders for the performance.

Although the core engine is the same, there are several changes. The 125d features larger injectors, dual turbos as compared to the 120d's single twin scroll turbo, and a new gearbox. The fuel pressure is 200 Bar greater, but that is all. Cams profile and intercooler are the same.

Yes a remap is possible as is a turbo swap and you'll be there at 125d power levels.

There is not a lot in it as far as a daily drive goes, and a standard remap on the 120d will do wonders for the performance.
Thanks Obi,

you're very helpful.

about the gearbox, does it change also for the Automatic ZF one?

Thanks.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back