BMW 320 d 2002

jimmy20282

Car
BMW 320d 2002
I have just bought a 2002 320 d BMW Saloon.

and have already had to replace and injector but that is by the by, I have bought some 18 inch mv1 wheels now looking and getting a more sporty ride out of the car.

my first thoughts have been a re-map as for around 300 pounds I have been quoted for and extra 35bhp and 55 lbs of torque, althought i have seen boxes making these claims off ebay for 50 pounds. whats the deal?

also what about air filters for diesel do they work? same for sports exhausts?

and what will a strut brace do for me?

help on any all of above greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

I have just bought a 2002 320 d BMW Saloon.

and have already had to replace and injector but that is by the by, I have bought some 18 inch mv1 wheels now looking and getting a more sporty ride out of the car.

my first thoughts have been a re-map as for around 300 pounds I have been quoted for and extra 35bhp and 55 lbs of torque, althought i have seen boxes making these claims off ebay for 50 pounds. whats the deal?

also what about air filters for diesel do they work? same for sports exhausts?

and what will a strut brace do for me?

help on any all of above greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

firstly make sure your oil bypass filter to turbo is cleaned and new. Turbo's are very weak on the the first 150bhp's models (if your's is)

Re-maps are better than boxes and give better smoother results
try www.upsolute.com guy you need to talk to is Simon Coe. I have used him several times.

Exhausts don't do much for diesel you'd be better just de-cat. Filters need to be changed especially air and fuel to keep car running best.

Strut braces are good but your handling should be good already?

Hi and welcome - nice to have you along. I'd go with a good flowing panel air filter on the 320d.

Strut braces help to restrict chassis flex. Do you do a lot of heavy cornering/hard driving?

KEEP AWAY FROM THE EBAY BOXES. Most are just a little resistor that fools you car into thinking the air is cooler than it is. Do some mods to the engine and then get a custom remap, you will be very happy with the results.