Blue/ White Headlights

djmca2008

Tuner
Car
Civic Aerodeck D16
Can anybody tell me where to get the nice headlight bulbs that give the really distinct blue/white light. I have bought about 5 sets now and they are all crap, not much better than o.e. I see cars all the time and feel like stopping the driver and asking them where they got the bulbs!!! The bulbs i need are H4.

The only way to get the full effect is with Xenon gas discharge lighting. Coloured blubs (the correct term is lamps) are not the same thing. The blue tint also makes the lamps look rather odd when switched off.

Aftermarket Xenon conversion kits are NOT approved for road use in the UK nor throughout most of Europe.

If you want more light from an H4 setup then try Osram Nightbreakers. A good source is http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

turbonutter69
Do you mean the one that shine white in the bulb but look blue on the floor.

Yeah, i have the phillips xtreme bulbs but they dont really please me as they dont look as good as i thought they would.

You cannot legally make a standard cars bulbs appear blue. Xenons operate at the higher end of the light spectrum and at certain angles the light appears blue.

Tinted bulbs filter out the blue light rather than add it and IMHO they are mis-described.

I had a set of blue tinted side light bulbs but had to remove these as they are not legal. They didn't look all that blue either really though.

I mean i dont think they give great light and arent great 4 looks. I read the reviews and they came out tops but ive had them for about 6 months and ive had cheaper bulbs which gave more light.

HID look clear on the floor but depending on the out put can look white, yellow, blue, purple

these are the only lights that will give the distinctive blue light. but as said these are technically unlawful unless all the following conditions are meet

1) self leveling headlights must be fitted - the manual control isnt enough
2) headlamp washers must be fitted
3) the lights must be a projector style designed for the HID bulbs - this is where most should fail. halogen and HID bulbs have different beam patterns.

To clear this up... What you want is a set of HIDs. I've just got some and they are immense! The light itself is appears white but can look slightly blue in the right angle. Speak to the guys at Hond-R mate and they'll set you up with a good set.

i have fitted HIDs to every car i have owned, cant stand normal headlight bulbs now

love the ping of light you get when first turned on aswell lol