Blue Lights

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
Blue Lights

I have to admit, they look awesome and they are far from expensive. But are they legal? From what I have read from the odd site, light blue ones are illegal but ones that are slightly darker are not.

My mate bought smoked lexus lights the other day for his 206 and they look nice but the indicator is bright blue, is that legal? I was thinking about getting the same. Bottom line though, there are lights you can buy for this blue effect and bulbs also, what do you all know about both?

I want blue lights anywhere I can, tell me what you know and how I can get these legally :)

Thanks!

indicator bulbss can be blue when not lit but must flash amber, and headlights that are marked as road legal are allowed obviously, anything over 65w is illegal.

you can have blue sidelights aslong as they are not extremely blue, only tinted, you can get a whole range of interior lighting which is blue, i.e courtesy lights, in the boot etc. blue lights which light up your reg plate are questionable though.

philips do a road legal headlight and sidelight package for about 20-30 quid and if you have lexus lights you can buy silver coated indicator bulbs for about 3-5 quid.

hope that helped :D

Sadly, you're not allowed to have any blue light showing from the car and red may only show to the rear when you are braking. A recent case involved a woman who had a blue flashing christmas decoration in her dashboard!

headlights can have a slight tint though, similar to bmw and mercedes. but it can't be 'in your face' blue, is that right waynne?

i was under a different understanding :shock:

The BMW and Mercedes lights are HID discharge and only appear blue to the eye when viewed from certain angles. A very slight tint you might get away with but to be honest if it looks blue or blueish you'll get an MOT fail and attention from mr Plod!

i saw some similar to these, with tinted sidelight bulbs.

if you have new lights i.e lexus the silver indicator bulbs are definately legal.

I had some similar ones and they were legal but they don't look blue when the light is on they are only slightly tinted!

Ive seen some cars on the road where the blue lights are fairly noticeable, I think their legal because its not just boy racers, its sometimes the new bmw's. These are legal right? Does anyone know if I can get some for the 206?

These are the HID lights, they are legal but they only look blue from certain angles its actually an optical illusion. They produce a brilliant white light.

Certain angles is what people always say but everytime, they always seem to shine bright blue, for very long periods of time.

Can I get them for the 206?

The ones I posted as a link look rather cheap

the hid bulbs can go from white to blue then onto purple its depends on the colour temp or kelvin (k)
some examples

blue blend with purple, worst penetration

blue blend with a little purple, poor penetration

white blend with blue obviously,poor penetration

white blend with blue,penetration decline,white blend with little blue

conversion suggest white blend little yellow

Xenon HID headlamps light is light yellow.

golden, best penetration

the most common one is usually 8000k which is why some look blue from angles and white from others dunno what 1's are supplied with bmw merc

if you want blue lights but don't want to fail ant mot or get pulled, buy blue sidelight bulbs and drill into your headlamp near your sidelight, add a grommet then wire up with a switch.