Blending body panels

MickieH

Torque Junkie
Car
Probe 2.5L 24v V6
What is the best way to blend body panels together, for example a bumper to a wing?

I'd like to do this but it worries me that it may crack and ruin the job.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this properly?

Palstic and metal do not join very well, the plastic flexes and bends with heat and general driving wheras metal does so at a very different rate.

You could try using a flexible filler but the problem will be in getting a flexible paint to bridge the gap.

I wonder if Timmy has ever done this? He'll probably know the way to get round these problems.

Palstic and metal do not join very well, the plastic flexes and bends with heat and general driving wheras metal does so at a very different rate.

You could try using a flexible filler but the problem will be in getting a flexible paint to bridge the gap.

I wonder if Timmy has ever done this? He'll probably know the way to get round these problems.

That's what is worrying me, I think it would look pretty good, but the paint I've got lined up doesn't come in flexible, so would possibly crack over time, ruining the effect.

The car isn't going to be a daily driver, so I could go with using a flexible filler like tiger seal as that stuff is pretty good.

Somebody, somewhere, must have overcome this problem
prey.gif

Good to speak to you today, Timmy, and thanks loads for the help :D

Should avoid embarrising cracks at a later date.

Thanks again :cool:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back