blanking locks on a Golf????

ok the whole delocking is great, i think it looks good and also helps your car be a bit more secure. Problem with Golfs is the lock is in your handle so is there a way to delock golfs?? and also on top of that to unlock my golf you have too do the old fashioned thing of putting your key in the door. Can i somehow fit the car with a fob key system?? cheers.

cant help you on the handles other than are the back ones on the 5 door not blank.

the central locking kits can be fitted to most cars i know maplin electronics used to sell them for around £40 but i had aquick look and they only do the keyed version now ie open the drivers door and the passenger / rear doors open

had a quick look on google for central locking kits.
had a look at one or 2 which. they all had the same problem you would need a central locking kit to be fitted befor you could have the keyfob system fitted

hope this helps

if you have central locking with your key then upgrading is simple and cheap.

f you dont then its not that expensive to buy a central locking kit, with keyless entry and the difference is so:

1st i mentioned is adding an aerial and a box with a few wires,

2nd is fitting the locking kit in the door and attaching it to the door pins if you have them and it all comes in one.

youre probably confused by all that because i am. take it or leave it if it helps, sorry if it doesnt :?

if its central locking you should be able to add a wireless system easy enough most systems just connect to the drivers door cable and open that door and the central locking takes care of the rest

if you can get that to work have a look at a 5 door model if the back handle have no lock its just a case of going to a scrappy and getting a couple them swapping the handles over could colour code them while there off

just had a quick look at a mk3 parked outside the back doors dont have locks on them so they could be fitted

other idea is if your heavily moddin the golf you could fit handles off another car or get rid of them completly and fit solinoid switches to auto open the drivers door when you unlock it
this would give you a flush door

well the wirelesscentrallocking kits should be around £40-50 a scrappy should only be bout a tenner for the 2 handles

if your going down the flushed route a think solenoid kits are about £40 for 3 (2 doors and a bot) if your good with a welder and filler just weld a plate to the inside of the door where the handle was and smooth over with filler

around £150 depending on which way you go down depnds how much it costs you to respray the doors or £60ish if you just chanking the locks

wont cost me anything for welding or spraying as where i work they do all that, well it will cost me a few beers :D so just getting the kit is only cost i need to worry about really.

quick look on the net uncovered these then

solinoid kit (3)
http://www.independent-inventory.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2731

central locking kit (up to 4 doors doesnt even look like you need central locking int he first place

http://www.independent-inventory.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2340

the solinoid kit looks like you get 3 fobs one for each what i would do is look at fitting the passengers door and boot in the car at easy reach by the handbrake / drivers doorcard and only have the drivers door one with your keys otherwise your going to have 1 for the central locking and another 3 to play with to open the doors

awsome find on the solinoid kit, i be getting that, great price. thats going to be so cool lol i cant wait now. Blank the handles out altogether, will look great. cheers for looking.