Blank Canvas Insignia

rromeo69ant

Car
vauxhall insignia
Ok apologies to any of the old and bold among the tuning world but I thought I'd start a bit late and probably not with the best base car but there we go, I have the car and the tuning funds so any and all advice would be appreciated, I'm looking to gain in the engine power field first and then the rest to follow later. I have just bought a 1.8 vvt STI vx-line 2011 plate and I've got between £3000 and £4000 to spend.

PS be gentle with the terminologies as I'm probably going have to catch up on them.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

I would seek out someone who can remap the engine for you to get some additional power - Viezu or Celtic Tuning spring to mind. Uprate the front discs with a larger size and maybe 4 pot callipers for better stopping power. If you prefer a sportier feel to the handling then I would suggest just changing the springs to a stiffer set with maybe a drop of between 10 & 20mm for a better stance.

Hi and welcome.

Fitting a turbo to a N/A engine is not easy or cheap. Much better, and cheaper, to simply fit a turbo engine. Turbo engines also respond much better to remapping than N/A engines.