Black cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Oh the joys of owning a black car!

I don't know if the paint is softer or it just shows up every little blemish more than other colours but my car paint seems to be deteriorating rapidly.

Bird lime needs removing within minutes or I'll get marks in the paint. Stone chips show up something chronic and the slightest brush with anything leaves hairline scratches and swirls in the paintwork.

I'm getting fed up with using a touch up pen and detailing polish!

Her indoors Focus convertible is black, I think the colour is an absolutely nightmare for keeping in good nick, unfortunately my young lady looks at the car with rose tinted glasses :sad2:

I love a highly polished shiney car but I also realise they have to work in the real world so as long as it looks fine from couple metres away thats fine for me. I used to say "my car was a bit like me, looks good from a distance but when you get close you can see the cracks from aging" :)

Her indoors Focus convertible is black, I think the colour is an absolutely nightmare for keeping in good nick, unfortunately my young lady looks at the car with rose tinted glasses :sad2:

Shouldn't that be fortunately? :) Two people with the same obsession with detail living together would consitute a critical mass and the world would implode!

:lol:

I have to tell her when to wash it or that poor car would start to look a different colour entirely :blink:

My girlfriend is the same! She relies on me to keep her car clean. However, I'll have my work cut out as her new 14 plate Beetle which is on order, IS BLACK! I think I need to lay down...