Bit of engine vibration...

TonyRowell

Car
Golf 4 1.9 pd130
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and after some advice. my vehicle is a Golf mark 4, 1.9 pd130. Last year I wrongly changed the turbo because of high amounts of smoke, it was an injector though not the turbo. I now have a slight vibration when the engine is pulling through 1750 to 2000 revs, after that it's gone. The engine goes fine , pulls well. There is an adjuster screw on the turbo but I don't want to adjust it because I don't know what it does.
Question is, does a turbo need tuning to the engine characteristics, or is the turbo factory tuned? Is the vibration from the turbo?
Any help would be appreciated
Many Thanks, Tony Rowell

Odd place to ask a question about your Golf, in the Nissan forum. But hey ho, hello and welcome

What turbo did you replace it with? OE from VW? Or after market third party?

Odd place to ask a question about your Golf, in the Nissan forum. But hey ho, hello and welcome

What turbo did you replace it with? OE from VW? Or after market third party?
The replacement turbo was from an identical vw engine (Newbie so sorry didn't know it was Nissan site, opps)

(Newbie so sorry didn't know it was Nissan site, opps)
It's not a Nissan site, it's an all car site :) But you have posted the sub forum for Nissans. I'm sure a mod will be along and can move it :)

As for the vibration issue, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help