Bike vs the car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I used my bike for the first time in ages and it made me think.

Firstly the road surfaces are terrilble. It is hardly suprising that people are all buying mountain bikes nowadays.

Secondly I realised how little space drivers give cyclists and the cyclist is generally hated. The biggest problem was cars overtaking and trying to turn left effectively blocking my path.

When were you last on a bike? Spare a thought for the unfortunately cyclist. (I know the young cycling fraternity have the road sense of a Lemming but we sould generally be a bit nicer to our 2 wheeled brothers of the road!)

I agree, people in cars do not take care when manouvering.

thats why I used to dominate the road when i was on my pushbike, even more so on my motorbike.(tbh I think your a little insane using a pushbike in this weather, yes i used to, but i can get a pushbike sideways round corners lol, and used to nearly every time its possable, bit of a stunt rider in my pushbike days)

I agree, people in cars do not take care when manouvering.

thats why I used to dominate the road when i was on my pushbike, even more so on my motorbike.(tbh I think your a little insane using a pushbike in this weather, yes i used to, but i can get a pushbike sideways round corners lol, and used to nearly every time its possable, bit of a stunt rider in my pushbike days)
a man after my own heart

i loved when i was fit and cycling my claud butler
the stunts you can do with them is mad

28 seconds was the longest wheelie i could do
what was yours

waynne, feck the lot of them
you have as much right to be on the rd as motorists do

Thats what I thought. Still I went back to the car today. Interestingly a 15 minute walk to my office is quicker than the 10 minute drive, 5 mins finding a parking space and 5 minute walk! I think in future I will just walk to the office (unless it is raining). The bike takes just 3 minutes but I'm worried about it getting vandelised or nicked.

Prevtec, I wasnt a master at wheelies, only got about a 11-12 second one, tended to do stuff like Trailes biking, where you flick the front end up onto something then jump the rear onto that and then jump onto something else, that sort of thing.

waynne if your worried about it getting nicked just get a good chain, if you want UBER chain get an almax lol, (might be a bit overkill but your bike will NEVER be nicked if you chain it to something solid and unmovable series 3 is 16mm triple tempered and gold enhanced so it will not rust) what about an oxford motorbike chain and lock, or something down halfrauds, they do some good ones that are pretty chunky and have a plastic kevlar outershell and will take over half an hour with a hack saw to get through (lost the key for my chain and a mate got mine off for me) bout 30-40 quid i think I paid for mine from halfrauds.

Prevtec, I wasnt a master at wheelies, only got about a 11-12 second one, tended to do stuff like Trailes biking, where you flick the front end up onto something then jump the rear onto that and then jump onto something else, that sort of thing.
yes, i know the sort
happy days huh??

waynne if your worried about it getting nicked just get a good chain, if you want UBER chain get an almax lol, (might be a bit overkill but your bike will NEVER be nicked if you chain it to something solid and unmovable series 3 is 16mm triple tempered and gold enhanced so it will not rust) what about an oxford motorbike chain and lock, or something down halfrauds, they do some good ones that are pretty chunky and have a plastic kevlar outershell and will take over half an hour with a hack saw to get through (lost the key for my chain and a mate got mine off for me) bout 30-40 quid i think I paid for mine from halfrauds.
waynne, do you have quick release wheels on your bike??
if so, take them into work with you
a pain i know, but atleast you wont come out 1 day to find your wheels all buckled

i only live a few blocks from where i work, so i ride in normally, as long as the weather permits that is. the biggest problem i have is getting across the 5 lane road. closest stop sign/light is a mile in either direction.

I've got crud guards, lights, lightweight seat and more. The wheels are not quick release but I don't want to strip it down and rebuild it each end of the day. Perhaps I should just buy a big dog and tie that to the bike! :lol: