bigger brakes

what corsa ?

what budget ? someone say suggest something from a larger engine,another model or up to something like AP racing setups

welcome to the site

what corsa though ? there has been a few over the years age will do as the vauxhall nuts can work what fits better

Get a set of SXI brakes from a breakers yard for a cheap upgrade. You may also find that Vectra brakes will fit but Might need larger alloys and will probably need to upgrade the master cylinder.

What budget are you working to? You might find that a set of uprated pads and vented/grooved/drilled disks are all that is needed.

to be honest waynnes idea of the sxi is probably the best and matching them with Ferodo ds2500 pads
theres no point looking at huge brakes from the likes of the v6 vectra or calibras as with your budget there wont be much gain in power. unless you do an engine swap and there i think you would hit another problem keeping the auto box.
rather than spending it on power look towards handling

my budjet should see me upto 150 bhp as in my last gls (last 1 was 3dr) its a stealth corsa 1.4 16v (sport engine) 5dr its a good budget ill take it abit higher if i have to

What makes you say it's a sport engine? Getting up to 150bhp will be a real task on just £500. Anyone have any ideas?

What makes you say it's a sport engine? Getting up to 150bhp will be a real task on just £500. Anyone have any ideas?
the easiest way would be swap the engine for a redtop you can do this for £500 and less if you are a competent home mechanic.

iirc a powerbox can gain 15-20 bhp £150, custom exhaust with decat £300 5-10 bhp gain, theres £450 gone with a 20-30 hp gain.
im not sure what the 1.4 puts out as standard???

super chip takes you to 108 air filter race pipe and manifold (got a back box) takes me to 112 power box takes me to 130 and ill port and polish my head myself witch gives me 132 then the rest i dont need but i have a lightend fly wheel coming in the post what i got for showing sponsor stickers on my old corsa but after a while i want to keep this corsa so im looking to get it balanced port polish lightend and mayby a turbo 1 day :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back