bhp

bb25

Car
impreza 2000 turbo
hello my uk 2ooo turbo as stainles zorst. baley dump valve. pipercross induction. thinking of a remap now wot kind of bhp will this give me please any advice:confused:

By my understanding the Turbo 2000 Scoob is 215bhp standard. So with what you have listed I would say around 235/250bhp you would be looking at after the re-map. It's only an estimate an i'm sure you will only be certain when it's done an dyno'd. Oh an welcome to torque cars as well buddy.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, its good to have another scoobie owner along. (Have you read bad63rs project?

Remaps can vary a lot - a custom remap will make the most of your other mods, off the shelf remaps will give less of a power gain. If done right a Scooby remap can give around 300bhp. Gearboxes especially the autos complain around 280 so it might be worth bearing this in mind.

My turbo 2000 is tuned and chipped by Scooby clinic at chesterfield...

Mine has a twin port dump valve on and a K and N filter fitted also a set of high lift cams and a full exhausts uk stainless system with a de cat pipe..

when it was tuned and rolling roaded just after it was found to have now got 320 BHP at the wheels....

With the 4 wheel drive on it there is not much that will keep up with it now .....

Interesting, are you talking about autos or manual boxes? I'll add that snippet of knowledge to my brain!;)

manual boxes, just checked seems 360-390bhp ok for gearboxes 2000-2005 uk models, believe others probably similar. may depend a bit on age, high mileage may cause some issues as you will have the standard wear and tear

Hi every1 , I have an Impreza STI 2003 ppp which has 305 bhp . What I would like to know is , if i fit a bov or dump valve would this help or hinder the engine or increase or decrease the power and torque of the car? Also what would be the ideal make and model to fit my car?

hey and welcome

all petrol turbo engines have as dump valve as standard - some are recircutating others atmospheric. it wont give you more power unless the standard ones knackered.

what you will have issues with is if the car has a recirculating valve and you fit atmospheric. i think subs all have atmos ones fitted as standard

Ok thanks , no the standard one isnt knackered . Only thinking of replacing it purely for sound really but just wanted to know if it would affect the car in any other way. Do you think they would be easy to fit or would you advise a garage doing the job?

as long as you can tighten jubilee clips then you shouldn't have any problems. think its only the 2 pipes on the scoobs. garage would proberly want to charge you around an hour labour.

remove the 2 standard clips replace DV and tighten new clips

as long as you can tighten jubilee clips then you shouldn't have any problems. think its only the 2 pipes on the scoobs. garage would proberly want to charge you around an hour labour.

remove the 2 standard clips replace DV and tighten new clips

I think i might be able to manage a couple of clips haha . I will have to look around the websites for a decent kit. I here bailey's is quite a popular make. thanks

chris have a look and see if there is 2 or 3 pipes off the standard valve. if its 3 then youll need a recirc valve. downside is then you dont get the pssst

IIRC when I had my first Scoob which was a std UK turbo 2000 it was 215 bhp (maybe 206 bhp). with the mods you have and a good ECUtek remap you will probs see 230-240 tops. put the recirc dump valve back on, aftermarket ones serve no purpose other than the noise.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back