BHP Performance show - best car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This lovely Punto is a good example of the smoothed Euro look and won best in show at the BHP Performance show.

What are your thoughts?

Is removing the door mirrors a step too far? Do you like the colour?

Attachments

• stretched-tyre.jpg
    stretched-tyre.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
Isn't it illegal to not have at least the drivers door mirror? I know you don't need the nearside one, it looks more like a trailer queen to me, the sort of thing that gets lavished with attention but never driven. Pointless IMO.

I like the smooth look, I really do, but no wing mirrors?
You have to have the offside mirror anyway as said.

I like symetry, so not fussy on cars with only one wing mirror either - just doesn't look right to me.

The wheels look amazingly close to the arches too, and the front bumper would have looked better if it followed the curve of the wheel more instead of slanting forwards.

On the plus side, the colour is fine, always liked silver, but doesn't stand out. Perhaps they wanted subtle, as opposed to in your face.

Without seeing the interior or engine bay I could only give it a 6/10.

This lovely Punto is a good example of the smoothed Euro look and won best in show at the BHP Performance show.

What are your thoughts?

Is removing the door mirrors a step too far? Do you like the colour?

whats so special about this punto for it to win best in show??:confused:

the only thing i can really see thats different form what i have seen before is the front end is KA inspired. but why would anyone do this??:confused:

Last year a fair few of the awards were questionable at best and seemed to coincidently go to cars owned by close aquaintances of the organisers.

It was also obvious that the organisers didnt venture much beyond the lower pits when choosing the winners.

Bearing this in mind the choice doesnt surprise me.

This year was no different really. That yellow carbon fibre skinned Supra won best exterior? They really don't know what a sleeper is, this year it went to a Golf with vents cut all over the bonnet! At least it was closer to being a sleeper than the Evo from last year.

It also took an hour to get in the gate, they only had 2 men on taking money and they seemed pretty slow at doing it. When I complained they blamed the council for not granting permission to extend the entraceway so I guess they think the more chaos they can cause on the roads the more likely they are to get permission to make some changes to their entrance way.

To me a sleeper should look completely stock, otherwise it's not really a sleeper.

Telltale mods, like bonnet vents, etc. are just a dead giveaway.

As wayne bought last year up I will complete the sleeper story.

An evo was given the prize of best sleeper How can an evo be a f-ing sleeepr ?

They didnt consider mine because the bonnett was down so they couldnt tell it had things done to it ....................thought that was the idea. Oh well .

It wasnt that mine didnt win it was that an evo did (which surprisingly was owned by one of the guys who had a trade stand in the pits )

The silly queing , the dust and the complete lack of organisation (about pretty much everything) was why I and quite a few others stayed at home this year.

As wayne bought last year up I will complete the sleeper story.

An evo was given the prize of best sleeper How can an evo be a f-ing sleeepr ?

They didnt consider mine because the bonnett was down so they couldnt tell it had things done to it ....................thought that was the idea. Oh well .

It wasnt that mine didnt win it was that an evo did (which surprisingly was owned by one of the guys who had a trade stand in the pits )

The silly queing , the dust and the complete lack of organisation (about pretty much everything) was why I and quite a few others stayed at home this year.

Duh - some people never fail to amaze.

Sounds like you did the right thing staying home :D

That Punto looks rubbish. The wheels don't look right at all. I appreciate it's had a lot of work done that has cost the owner a fair chunk of change, but as it's obviously on air bags and probably a 1.0 litre then I'll also assume it handles like a bag of crap. With that in mind how can be it be best at show?!