BG244

BG244 is the only fuel additive endorsed by Torque Cars.

Personally speaking, I’ve never heard of Trinity Chemicals.

There’s a huge amount of claims and counter claims made about additives, some say they work some say they’re all a load of snake oil. Personally I don’t use any of them in my Audi A6 2.7 tdi at the moment but if I did have warning lights etc showing then I’d probably start looking at them. I think it’s important to choose the right additive, it has to be targeted for the problem area eg fuel system cleaner, cetane index improver, or Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve cleaner. I’ve left out DPF cleaner because thankfully I don’t have a DPF in mine.

See also BG44K / BG244 Acid Demo
they state that BG 44K cleans fuel injectors, valves, O2 sensors and the combustion chamber. It contains a very high level of PEA (Polyether Amine), an expensive chemical that is recognised by all engine manufacturers including Ford, Toyota, BMW, General Motors, Honda and others as being the effective treatment for removing hard baked carbon deposits.

Trinity Chemicals are well acknowledged source for chemicals for the biodiesel industry.
For some while they have supplying the 2-EHN fuel improver for biodiesel and regular diesel, They are quick to respond to market requirements and have recently started to produce an 'equivalent' to BG244.
Thanks for the BG244 video, it seems to 'do what it says on the tin' but as you say, there is so much snake oil about, I'm looking at independent reviews as well as manufacturer's advertising.

2EHN will give diesel fuel a higher cetane number but it "dries out" the fuel and causes oil to be removed from the cylinder walls thereby leading to excessive wear on the piston rings. Archoil's AR6800 for example is 99.9% pure 2EHN but I guess the other .1% additives make a whole lot of difference.

You can buy pure 2EHN but you'd have to supply your own additives to combat this lack of lubricity.

Another thing I'd caution you about is using too many additives. When you do this they start reacting with each other and wind up leaving deposits on 02 sensors etc.

I haven't tried the Trinity Chemicals version so can't comment on it. I have tried and tested many many similar additives and so far the only one that worked for me was the BG range.

I will make a point of trying the Trinity Chemicals version and report back but I can't comment on it until I've actually had a chance to see it/use it and test it out.

Does the 2-EHN do much besides improve the cetane value? I have heard that it reduces the viscosity and or lowers the cloud point which could be advantageous during the cold weather. Adding around 0.15% acetone is often added to home made biodiesel to improve the cetane value, that may also reduce the lubricity of the biodiesel, which may be a cause for concern.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back