Best way to cool your car down

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I have a mate who turns on his engine and his air conditioning and stands outside his car until the tempearture drops.

I prefer to wind down ALL of the windows and get going. Then when the "oven" heat has gone I turn on the air con and switch on the climate control.

I tend to set this to 22 in the summer other wise it feels far too hot when you get out again at the other end!

open door wait a wee seconds then start and let the climate control do the hard work.
sits around 21 all year going down to 18 in hot summer. not so bad when you get out but it nice when you get back in

for me i press the unlock button 3 times and all the windows roll down (comes in handy to cool the leather) :bigsmile:

just get in and do the windows as i am moving very rare i use the air con plus if its really hot i take the roofs off

I've been told to put air con on, set air to recirc', air in car gets cooler quicker (allegedly). Never tried it cos I never had a car with air con. :lol:

I try and make the effort of putting the car in the garage over the summer (although quite often I can't be bothered when I get back late).

Our garage is stone cold no matter what the temprature outside, which certainly gives the climate control a head start. That and plonking you arse on a freezing cold leather seat when its toasty outside is luuurrrvvlllyyy :D