Best VW ever made

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best VW (mass production) car ever made?

You can base this on engine, drive quality looks or anything else but do give us a reason why you think your chosen model stands out.

I think the new Scirocco is probably my top pick! It just needs a little more power and they will have a winning car.

It has to be the Corrado :D

Looks like it could kill, it drives like its on rails, still stands out even tho its a 20 year old car and every corrado owner will tell you there is something about that car that will keep you coming back for more.

It has a good choice of engines too:

2.9lt VR6 with 190 bhp
G60 aka 1.8 8v supercharged with 160 bhp
2lt 8v with 115 bhp
2lt 16v with 136 bhp
1.8 16v with a 135 bhp but less torque than the 2lt 16v

I'm good friends with some one who has a corrado vr6 that has been turbo charged and is pushing out 390 bhp, when he puts his foot down the noise is good enough to make any man wet him self.

Another good thing about this car is its rarity, unlike golf's that are every were you will be very lucky to see another one just driving about.

So over all its has looks that never fail to get heads turning, drives way better than any new car, rare and it was made by Karmann :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Corrado

Last edited:
I forgot all about the Corrado, they are indeed nice looking and fun cars to drive. Give me a supercharged version anyday.

I still think the new Scirocco is pretty tasty though!

:D

The new sirocco is an ok car I would say no to one, but its missing something the old one has. It wasnt built by Karmann there, is something Karmann brings to the table VW will never be able to add to the car.

If VW remake the corrado it wont be that good but if they use Karmann to design and build it like with the first one, it will be just as good.

For its time I think the Corrado looked fantastic - never driven one myself.

The R36 is of course a fantastic looking car though ;)

Passat B5.
I love the design very much. Clean lines with soft curves. The car's spacious and comfy too, especially for one with abit more height than average.

Number 2 on my list would be Phaeton. A big pluss for that B5 Passaty look, a big minus for automatic transmission and that back seat (2 seater).