best tuning motor for 85 318i

mrhypnotic

Car
BMW '85 318i
hi I was wondering what the best tuning motor would be for a 85 318i.
I have been thinking of the M30B34 but not to sure.
I would prefer it to be a BMW motor also what are the pros and cons of the suggested motors
thanks for any advice

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

What engine you use depends on both funds and availability. A lot of E30 owners end up using an E36 engine but prices can vary depending on mileage and spec. You need to remember that a 318i will then need uprated suspension and brakes.

What sort of power target have you got in mind?

What engine you use depends on both funds and availability. A lot of E30 owners end up using an E36 engine but prices can vary depending on mileage and spec. You need to remember that a 318i will then need uprated suspension and brakes.

What sort of power target have you got in mind?

hey
I am going to be doing everything before the motor and do it right the time.
I was looking at between 500-600 kw hopefully.

hey
I am going to be doing everything before the motor and do it right the time.
I was looking at between 500-600 kw hopefully.

That's around 700bhp! In that case it'll have to be something like a V8 with twin turbos. Seen it done, but your pockets will have to very deep.

ive decided to scap the bmw motor idea with the research everyone says they wont hold up really well...
but i was am thinking of a 350 or something that size...
alot of work but will be worth it ive been even looking at nelson racing engines they seem alright...
there is about to be alot of work done to the body to make it hold up to it all...