Best track day brake pads

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you were building a Track day car which pads would you recommend are best for track days?

They obviously need to cope with the heat and need to last for the whole day.

I've heard of standard pads getting cooked in under 30 minutes and even some performance pads struggling with the additional stresses of a track day.

Which brands and models of pads do you use/recommend?

if i was to track mine id go for TRD pads says it in the name really Toyota Racing Development.

but i think yellow stuff pads are designed for the track my mate uses them in his clio sport

If I was planning to run a popular car on the track I would seek advice from drivers of my model. There may be a general concensus as to the best pad or they may all use different pads but at least it would be a start :)

Unless there is an overwhelming popular choice I am guessing that this is another suck it and see exercise. Pad choice isn't just about wear and resistance to fade. It is also about driver feel and confidence.

I would start with the most popular choice for your car and go from there.

Brake pads ar a bit like tyres the compound dictates performance. It is horses for courses and like tyre you definitely get what you pay for

Another thing to consider is disc wear and brake dust, some pads are very good at everything but they produce a lot of dust and they are heavy on the rotors. I'd use QFM A1RM, good for track, good cold initial bite, low rotor wear, low dust, they just a bit noisy sometimes.

Another thing to consider is disc wear and brake dust, some pads are very good at everything but they produce a lot of dust and they are heavy on the rotors. I'd use QFM A1RM, good for track, good cold initial bite, low rotor wear, low dust, they just a bit noisy sometimes.
Good choice .i have used them and agree they are a good compromise for a road car that is tracked.