Best seat leon 1.9tdi panel filter?

vicktor

Tuner
Car
seat leon tdi cupra
Havin a re-map for seat leon 1.9tdi, opinions needed on which panel filter to get? green cotton or pipercross?:confused:

Re: panel filter?

Hello. I fitted an ITG panel filter to my Saab. They`re quite expensive but they are good and well built. I havn`t had a re-map (yet) but there is a slight difference in perfomance mainly the resonse on acceleration, the turbo seems to be more instant. I`m sure which ever one you choose you`ll be better off than having a standard filter fitted

Re: panel filter?

I'm not sure that there's much to split any of 'em really.

I also think that a good quality OEM spec panel works just as well without any of the buggering around washing and oiling etc. Provided of course, that you're getting them at a decent enough price that you can replace 'em before clogging becomes an issue.

There have been some doubts raised on occasions with regard to the tacky filter oil contaminating the MAF sensor. I imagine that the biggest problem is when they're over oiled. And cleaning the MAF is a 5 minute job. But if you have to get the ECU reset from limp home mode each time you clean the MAF then the money savings of cotton/foam filters has been lost.

Plus you've got a 12 hour wait while you wash/dry/oil the filter element. So, you need two of 'em.