Best performance brake fluid

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What high performance brake fluids do you use?

What are the pros and cons of upgrading to a high performance brake fluid and does this make much of a difference in the average road car or just on track days where the brakes run much hotter?

I'm with T9 with Motul RBF 600 BUT I tend to bleed it after a couple of track days to get fresher fluid at the calipers where the heat is greatest as a precaution.

I think brake fluid is like oil , there are a number of extemely good options at the top end with little to chooses between them. It is then usually personal choice often based on one really small thing.

Personally I use ate racing fluid. I don't think it is better than motul etc but It does have one advantage over the other good make they make a clear and a blue option.

I too Change every year and alternate and it so easy as the colour change is really obvious.

I think brake fluid is like oil , there are a number of extemely good options at the top end with little to chooses between them. It is then usually personal choice often based on one really small thing.

Personally I use ate racing fluid. I don't think it is better than motul etc but It does have one advantage over the other good make they make a clear and a blue option.

I too Change every year and alternate and it so easy as the colour change is really obvious.

It was as great idea for instant visual notice of complete flush out. Now in the good ole USA's infinite wisdom they decided: http://hooniverse.kinja.com/braking...legal-for-u-s-distribut-1153557989/1154188522 :(\B

tis true
a brake fluid has been banned cos it isnt the right colour

next it will be the shape of the container

Reactions: Teo
One can but wonder what the boffins/bureaucrats will ban next as well as the twisted thinking that led to the ban :eek::rolleyes:\B

Brian remember when the European union banned bananas that were too bent ??

It is an old thread to talk about but the topic is not an old one. Currently, I think the best brand for brake fluid is Bosch, and it's ESI6-32N will be a smart choice. It is a well-known product for its longer-lasting service and lower viscosity. It can be a direct replacement for DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1 brake fluids.