Best OEM interior

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which car maker or model has the best Interior? I find a lot of interiors are very plasticky. Things have moved on and interior materials are improving all the time.

I quite like Audi interiors, they are much nicer than the equivalent VW, for example the dash plastics have a texture to them and the stitched steering wheel is a nice touch.

BMW interiors leave me cold, they seem quite bare and sparce but fairly functional.

Most JAP interiors look dated now, perhaps they are a bit too cutting edge when they first come out.

French car interiors are comfortable and homely but nothing to write home about IMO.

What are your favourite interiors?

astons and most of the top oem's are a really nice to be. i finf fords are very plasticky, newer vauxhalls are not that bad imo.
with the french interiors they are nice, but i find things break easily according to a few friends who have them.

The 406 was pleasant and very well put together, especially so for a French car (although it was built in Coventry).

I really like Jaguar interiors post 1996 when Ford became involved and sorted out the quality control problems.

My E39 5 series is pleasant and functional, undeniably werll built but it's in no way special.

I found the DB7 interior rather dissapointing and rather cheap looking! Shame because it is such a nice car on the outside.

In comparison, my BMW is much nicer place to be than my Civic. I actually sat inside it yesterday for the first time in months and it just felt cheap. There is way too much plastic (painted grey).

I like the interiors of the 'up to date' German cars. They just seem to do interiors better.

the germans do seem to do alot of things vehicle wise right imo

They do now. But look at the pre-'96 Passat, for example, and find how badly positioned things are. It all works well but it's clumsy.

I quite like Renault interiors as well but they never look or feel especially durable.

had a laguna for a while 1.9td sport, liked the interior and it all worked, which was quite a suprise. a friend had a similar model and which was 2 years younger, alot of his interior electrics either didnt work or wotked when they wanted.