Best colour for a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your favourite colour for a car? Do you usually settle for a more practical colour?

We know there are some Grey and Silver haters on here.

I love black but it's a nightmare to live with. I can't imagine white is any easier.

Very dark Grey, dolphin or Gunmetal Grey work well for me.

Never really thought about it but I do agree that black is high maintenance. Probably more so than white. Is it true that red pigments still fade more rapidly than others or am I a couple of decades behind??

Mine is steel grey apparently o_O Honestly these manufacturers :rolleyes: I wonder what the silliest manufacturers colour description is out there? "Sunset yellow over the horizon" maybe? it would not surprise me :lol:

I bought mine because there were only 2 colour choices available at the time in the showroom, bright yellow or red. The yellow was just a little to wild for me and the red - well I still have visions of my old Cortina MK1 that was fast approaching pink from it's original red in it's latter years.

Depends on the car, e.g. focus st looks ace in the orange and the rs great in the green, however on other cars can't see it suiting them, personally I've always loved green and orange :) oh and liquid yellow? The Renault colour

The brighter the better personally. I liked to stand out from the crowd, hence the green enhancements to my white one. Lol. I've had a few black cars and let me tell you, white is FAR easier to live with. Yes it still gets dirty but not in the way a black one does. Less dust visible and any swirl marks/scratches are not as noticeable either.

Best colour is surely down to personal choice?
I like white and think pearl white is the business. The wifelet hates white cars (she has thing that they show the dirt more. whatever).

If I could afford it right now I'd get the Scooby redone in pearl white anyway :)

Here's an example of what I'd be aiming at:
x1965419_866927099998764_4577199578093899713_o-600x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AA_3zybQPg.jpg

I prefer Red these days ,my latest new car is Fiery Red . Loved blue cars back in my Teens, 20's & 30's .Had to many white cars through my 40s and 50's . Now turning 59 love Red.

I am an owner of Hyundai Creta in an orange colour. What about the pros of this colour - it is a bright one, that stands out from the crowd. The cons - gets dirty very quickly and needs to be washed. So, if you live in a city it is a great colour but if you live in the countryside where there is a lot of dust then choose another colour.

I have never owned a red car till now and have to admit that my bright red Type R is growing on me and puts a big :) on my face every time I get to drive it.

Sports cars should be Red. Work cars grey and prestige/luxury cars, a really shiny black!

What is your favourite colour for a car? Do you usually settle for a more practical colour?

We know there are some Grey and Silver haters on here.

I love black but it's a nightmare to live with. I can't imagine white is any easier.

Very dark Grey, dolphin or Gunmetal Grey work well for me.

Depends on type of car for me, if you're going for style and just to look good, i gotta say pearlescent red is amazing however for something for performance, matte black :woot:

Awesome white. Studies also suggest that white colored cars have least rate of road accidents during day as well as night driving.