Best Car Names.

choness2004

Torque Junkie
Car
Honda Civic EG
Ok then, just been browsing the internet looking at cars the had great names. Whats the best that you found?

Mine would have to be a '69 Pontiac GTO "The Judge". I feel this is the best name for a car. Not only does this car look the part, the stats make it a car that all should respect, as you should a Judge.

So, whats yours?

It's down to marketing and perception. What one person regards highly another might see as tacky.

For example the number 5 no special significance unless applied to a Bavarian car makers model range where it denotes what is quite possibly the best all rounder in the world in the form of the 5 series.

I suppose if you want exclusivity then buy a Renault Laguna III - they're not especially popular. Then again, a certain Austrian born political leader was not especially popular by 1944, but he was certainly exclusive.

For totally the wrong reasons, of course, but exclusive nevertheless.

Rolls Royce have had good names, Phantom, Silver Shadow etc...

Peugeot, Ferrari and BMW just use numbers (mainly) so the names are fairly meaningless.

What about cars with Animal names, Tigra, Cougar, Puma, Ram etc...

Ford Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird :amuse:

2acv07-013.jpg

Why Peugeot went to some much trouble trying to copyright all three digit decimal numbers with '0' (zero) at the middle digit is beyond me!!!

Ferrari, strangely, doesn't seem to bothered that PSA group now sports a model badged the 308!!!

How about some really good names applied to cars which turned out to be less than invigorating, in any sense?

I think Corsa was a bad name for a replacement Nova. It's very easy to hear the word 'coarser' and wonder why...........?

What the hell is a 'Saxo' supposed to be?

I think Corsa was a bad name for a replacement Nova. It's very easy to hear the word 'coarser' and wonder why...........?

Coarser doesn't sound half as bad as "no va" in whichever language (think it's Spanish) it means "no go"!