Best 2 seater sports car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best 2 seater sports car and why do you choose it?

(We'll exclude anything that costs more than £30,000 new!)

I think the S2000 is a pretty good package, reliable and lots of fun. It also has the power than the MX5 is lacking in.

Unless there's something I'm overlooking, I'll also go S2000. Although the MX-5's are pennies now, I'm so tempted to get one and turbo it for some summer fun. Would be awesome or am I just being a big homo :lol:

£1200 with 10 months MOT, 5 months tax and FSH. White too!

It's sold though. £600 for a cheap crap turbo-kit, run shed loads of boost until it blows up or the compressor wheel flies out. Be a right crack for a few hundred miles :lol:

Last edited:
Hate conforming but alas, the Honda S2000 gets my vote also, at least in the sub £30,000 catagory, you just cant get that combination of power and handling any cheaper elsewhere. Rear wheel drive, 50:50 weight distribution, not a bad looker either, especially if you get the hardtop. plus the engineering quality, 237 BHP from a 2.0l block naturally aspirated is frankly astounding :amazed:

Honda S2000 1999 - 2009, rubbish decision, the proposed 2010 type R will never be. :sad2:

A Mazda MX-5 doesn't really qualify as a sports car in my opinion. It's performance is little different to a large 5 door hatch with a 2 litre plus engine.

A Mazda MX-5 doesn't really qualify as a sports car in my opinion. It's performance is little different to a large 5 door hatch with a 2 litre plus engine.

i have to agree with this even the 2ltr was very poor performance wise for a supposed light weight sports car:confused:

Lotus Elan Sprint. Only 125bhp but will wipe the floor with the S2000 on country lanes. Chapman knew how to make a car handle.

This.
r300_1.jpg