belt squeeking?

michaelxng

Car
HondaAccord 94 2.2L
Whenever i start my car, there would be a squeek from the engine and it would go away when i ref or drive. sometimes when i make turns, it would also start to squeak and then stop.

my girlfriends car does that, it will eventually do it when it gets wet or damp and then end up doing it most of the time, its either the altenator belt needs tightening or it might need a new one, it costs about £11 to buy and then just get it fitted mate. annoying i know lol i hate squeaks lol

No if its still squeeking then its still running, its when the squeek stops and a little battery light appears you then need to worry as your now then running the engine from your battery and you need a replacement belt. Sorry about the capital letters lol just realised typing half way through, aint writing this again lol. Should cost about £12 from euro parts or any other motor parts place

Whenever i start my car, there would be a squeek from the engine and it would go away when i ref or drive. sometimes when i make turns, it would also start to squeak and then stop.

If I may.......?

Its definitely the fan-belt, form the symptoms you have listed.

It does affect your alternator, as in the alternator is not charging the battery to its optimum capacity.

It also affects the steering, as in power steering would seem hard, as if you have a flat or under-inflated tyre.

Having said that, both these issues are not so grave, as to get you pants into a knot, as long as you remember the old adage 'a stitch in time......'.

You can change it over the next few days, provided it is still moving, & you are running your car at least 10-14 miles when you start it, and not putting a strain on your battery, like excessive drain through lights, ice and other electrical accessories.

The most convenient way to get rid of the annoying squeak is that every morning, before you start the car, pull out the dipstick and wipe it on your finger, to let some oil collect on you finger-tip.

Then reach in to any exposed part of the belt and rub this oil on both edges of the belt, mebbe an inch or two...

or just carry a small squirt bottle, and dropping mebbe 3-4 drops on the business end of the belt (inner)rub it in with your fingers

And Voila! When you start the engine the noise does not appear.

Make sure you carrying some tissue or waste-cloth to wipe you hands after, though...

Picasso

I found the problem. I just had to tighten a bolt on the alternator. the belt was loose so when i tighten the bolt, the problem was solved