Beetle 1300 garden find restoration project 1969 in Kent

A rare opportunity to own a 1969 restoration project, I'm posting this up for a friend so please direct inquiries to the number listed below.

Broadstairs Kent - call Eddie 07905 336188
Offers invited.
Only 75,000 miles, 1300cc engine, blue Private sale

carad1.JPG
carad2.JPG
carad3.JPG
carad4.JPG
carad5.JPG
carad6.JPG
carad7.JPG
carad8.JPG
carad9.JPG

If you love beetles and you want a project then this is for you ... I have had this beetle for around 13 years ... I had it on the road for a year and the mot failed on a few things ... Bulb, front ball joints, steering box, brakes, corrosion, washers, wiper blades, exhaust ...

The beetle is complete. The engine runs and the car drives, but it is not road worthy so will need a trailer to take it away ...

At the time I changed my employment and no longer needed to use the car ... So unfortunately it sat in the garden ... I've come to realise it as a retirement project, but it has deteriorated quite a bit ... So I think, by time I retire there won't be much of it left :-( .

I'll be honest there is a lot of work to do to get it back on the road again. I was looking at getting a donor shell, but I'm not really sure what can be done.

The near side heater channel needs replacing, with the door post as it has corroded through. The rear inner wings I think both need replacing. The rear shelf is gone and needs doing too. Driver side is not too bad but in need of a bit of tlc... The floor pan is pretty good considering, but could do with some work. I'll be honest, you will probably need to do a shell off restoration.

I have additional pictures, which show a bit more detail of the corrosion, but to be honest it is best to come and have a look.

All tyres hold air but will need changing ... Boot and bonnet I think need replacing as with the doors.

So there is a lot of work, but It's definitely worth it

Please call / email if you require additional photos or info Eddie 07905 336188

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back